Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3235 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
You're really sensitive about anything involving church, aren't you?

It is nuts, I wish it was false. On principle I don't like liars, hypocrites and conmen, however watching those people get exposed is both comforting and amusing. Far from boring actually. :smile:
Well, it's not the Catholic church, so no. Just seemed like a P&N post to me.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Haulover is the best. This clip is one of my favorites of a bunch of idiots who thought it was a good idea to put this teenage girl up on the bow.... Carnage starts at 40 seconds.

the eff--she makes sure that the lifeguard saves her phone first...forgoes the quick and easy rescue, then proceeds to almost drown because of unpredictable current. I mean...the fuck is with people?:D

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
the eff--she makes sure that the lifeguard saves her phone first...forgoes the quick and easy rescue, then proceeds to almost drown because of unpredictable current. I mean...the fuck is with people?:D

Yep, doesn't surprise me. Still bitter about my good Samaritan seamanship getting fuck all when I was 17. Went out in my boat with two buds to fish for grouper, maybe do some spear fishing if the vis was good. We get to edge of reef and almost immediately see arms and hands waving between waves. We jet over, find 2 girls from Miami in a 13ft rental out of Bud and Mary's marina. They're about 4-5 miles offshore, it's rough, and with a flooded outboard and almost a foot of water in the boat. And they're not bailing the water out, seemed only mildly concerned.

I give the wheel to the buddy who doesn't scuba, me and the other one hop in and each take a side of the sinking POS, trying to bail them out while getting tossed around by waves. All they did was complain that their cigarettes were wet, would not shut up about cigarettes! Big wave hits them square, pushed boat onto me and injures my neck. Eventually MP shows up, takes the line and tows them back to the marina.

Didn't even get a thank you. Wore a neck brace for 3ish weeks. Swim back to the boat was so painful I couldn't even curse about it. Dr. said I was really lucky, muscles all ripped one side of my neck, almost broke it. To this day I wonder where those clueless twats are, what they do, if they're even still alive. My own "never get out of the boat" story.

Picture+59X.png

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

He's fishing for tarpon in a small opening like that, from land? I'm guessing he loses a lot of them, or they're very small. Tarpon are all power, and they don't tire as fast as other fish because they have a primitive lung - handy for a species that loves repetitive jumping. I'd love to see that guy try to land even a medium size tarpon from that hole in the brush. I bet it's hard even without aggressive gators to contend with.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Yep, doesn't surprise me. Still bitter about my good Samaritan seamanship getting fuck all when I was 17. Went out in my boat with two buds to fish for grouper, maybe do some spear fishing if the vis was good. We get to edge of reef and almost immediately see arms and hands waving between waves. We jet over, find 2 girls from Miami in a 13ft rental out of Bud and Mary's marina. They're about 4-5 miles offshore, it's rough, and with a flooded outboard and almost a foot of water in the boat. And they're not bailing the water out, seemed only mildly concerned.

I give the wheel to the buddy who doesn't scuba, me and the other one hop in and each take a side of the sinking POS, trying to bail them out while getting tossed around by waves. All they did was complain that their cigarettes were wet, would not shut up about cigarettes! Big wave hits them square, pushed boat onto me and injures my neck. Eventually MP shows up, takes the line and tows them back to the marina.

Didn't even get a thank you. Wore a neck brace for 3ish weeks. Swim back to the boat was so painful I couldn't even curse about it. Dr. said I was really lucky, muscles all ripped one side of my neck, almost broke it. To this day I wonder where those clueless twats are, what they do, if they're even still alive. My own "never get out of the boat" story.

Picture+59X.png
Probably drowned the next day when they went back out to 'salvage the trip'.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Picture+59X.png

well, I hope you at least offered them fresh cigarettes!