Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3190 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

AxtHn1u.png

that sticker is amazing.

we had a nesting pair outside of one of my work buildings over the last two weeks which was....tolerated and protected, pretty well....until male went too far, I think, and animal control "renested them."

lol.

.....which actually might be possible in this area, and that's the kind of people that work there; I just like how the staff built fences and proper warning signs, and because of the staff and everyone that works in this building (animal scientists, everyone), tolerating a violent attack goose literally defending your only egress into work, for 2 straight weeks, ...is pretty impressive, right? The type of thought in our heads is basically "Oh, a goose nesting and attacking humans, at work. Yeah, as it does. whatever. dodedodo."

It just is. Don't tell me it isn't.

So anyway, that apparently ended, abruptly, haha.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
that sticker is amazing.

we had a nesting pair outside of one of my work buildings over the last two weeks which was....tolerated and protected, pretty well....until male went too far, I think, and animal control "renested them."

lol.

.....which actually might be possible in this area, and that's the kind of people that work there; I just like how the staff built fences and proper warning signs, and because of the staff and everyone that works in this building (animal scientists, everyone), tolerating a violent attack goose literally defending your only egress into work, for 2 straight weeks, ...is pretty impressive, right? The type of thought in our heads is basically "Oh, a goose nesting and attacking humans, at work. Yeah, as it does. whatever. dodedodo."

It just is. Don't tell me it isn't.

So anyway, that apparently ended, abruptly, haha.
When I lived in Ohio we always had nesting geese in the parking lots. They'd put up caution tape around them.

One day a guy parked his new Porche at the back of the lot. Apparently the goose saw his reflection in the black cars, went over and beat the shit out of the car. Tore up the paint pretty bad.

I had a coworker who went off on a big rant saying "these are the fuckers that took down that airliner, why are we protecting them?!"