Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3144 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
1rVNtkc.jpeg

The bodies trapped in the wrecks? Still there, white as ivory and preserved by the temp. I've never understood how people can dive what is basically an open tomb. As creepy as it is disrespectful.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective/time: we don't seem to share the same concern when it comes to ancient, extinct tribal tombs or even Roman wreckage in the Mediterranean....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

apparently, almonds smell like cyanide, and not the other way around. I didn't realize that, nor that the difference could be relevant, but it is so. ("bitter almonds," to be precise, because they have high levels of cyanide)

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Many years ago when my wife and I would take weekend trips to Las Vegas, we live in So Cal. I would always go to the grocery store where they had the bulk chocolates and I would get a combination of chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered peanuts and nonpareils. The bag would stay in the car and eventually the chocolate would melt together. Then it would resolidify. Then you would break yourself off a piece of chocolate and it would be a wonderful surprise to see what you got. We started to call this the "Chocolate Ball" The chocolate ball is still legendary in our family 30 years later.

Reactions: Captante

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I guess it's all a matter of perspective/time: we don't seem to share the same concern when it comes to ancient, extinct tribal tombs or even Roman wreckage in the Mediterranean....

It's a matter of remains, but I would leave other tombs alone too. Having said that, there's a world of difference in a box of bones and a corpse still wearing clothes and a face, which wouldn't be possible in warmer waters teeming with life like the Med. Actually I think there are a lot of people trying to shut down that kind of archaelogy, pretty sure families of the Edmund Fitzgerald are trying to have the wreck closed by law.