Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3139 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
BBalnkR.jpeg

Reactions: Spacehead and KMFJD
Nov 8, 2012

Oh god this.

Jesus fuck this.

Seeing things like this - while on the face of it is "not a big deal" - it is a big deal in that it perfectly illustrates how much of a fucking asshat Americans are in general to not have the thought-process of "I wonder if I'm impeding anyone's ability to move from taking up space in the center?"

Just shows the selfish nature of our culture, makes me long for the time I was in Japan because it's precisely the opposite.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Oh god this.

Jesus fuck this.

Seeing things like this - while on the face of it is "not a big deal" - it is a big deal in that it perfectly illustrates how much of a fucking asshat Americans are in general to not have the thought-process of "I wonder if I'm impeding anyone's ability to move from taking up space in the center?"

Just shows the selfish nature of our culture, makes me long for the time I was in Japan because it's precisely the opposite.
I am pretty sure this happens everywhere in the world, even in Japan.

Reactions: skooma and Captante
Nov 8, 2012
I am pretty sure this happens everywhere in the world, even in Japan.

It sincerely doesn't.

Throughout my travels to many countries - Brazil, Russia, France, Belgium, UK, Russia etc... they all result in the same thing when you get off public transit.... Everyone BUM-RUSHES the escalator like mad, and everyone congregates in a circle of "Who can get to the front first" with no real sense of who got there first, etc...

Not in Japan (presumably not in other places as well like Korea)

They all get off and calmly walk to the escalator. They get in a single-file line from the very back, they don't get into globs of people at any point. Each person ensures they 100% keep right all times, allowing anyone who is in a rush to walk up the escalator on the left.

• Haha
Reactions: LikeLinus

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh god this.

Jesus fuck this.

Japanese culture is lovely in some ways but keep in mind they too have their issues.

Nov 8, 2012
Japanese culture is lovely in some ways but keep in mind they too have their issues.

Sure.

There is a certain something against women in the workforce still I'm sure - that's probably the worst I can think of.

But they definitely have plenty of standards that we should adopt - general caring for what others think of us is amazing and should be adopted by anyone.

Another is respect for elders.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Sure.

There is a certain something against women in the workforce still I'm sure - that's probably the worst I can think of.

But they definitely have plenty of standards that we should adopt - general caring for what others think of us is amazing and should be adopted by anyone.

Another is respect for elders.

I don't know, just because you didn't die young doesn't exactly mean you deserve respect.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous