Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3138 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
zHgXRd5.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I had someone give me a fake "christian" bill as a tip. I told him God was going to make him pay one day.

The last one I remember was with a group that was absolutely horrendous to their waitress. I think a pregnant woman with ink was too much for them. Was helping clear the table, saw that fugazi and loudly said something to the effect of 'Aw man, lousy tip from someone with at least 30 pieces of silver.' The way that group stiffened and glanced at eachother as they were clearing the exit, they heard me. Made almost getting fired worth it. Yes someone called later and complained.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: skyking

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
6Yzxb8a.jpg

12 million year old mantid

that is one fine piece of amber.

clarity, color, critter, especially detail of the preserved critter, no other obnoxious schmutz in there fouling up the scene.

that's like 1 in 1 billion pieces. (yes, amber itself is not at all rare or really that valuable--but many many factors go into a piece that is worth anything).

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
that is one fine piece of amber.

clarity, color, critter, especially detail of the preserved critter, no other obnoxious schmutz in there fouling up the scene.

that's like 1 in 1 billion pieces. (yes, amber itself is not at all rare or really that valuable--but many many factors go into a piece that is worth anything).

I concur. Can't see any damage to the critter at all. That the two antennae are intact, upright, and spaced evenly? Shut the front door. I'd take that over any precious stone really, would go nice next to my meg tooth. By nice I mean make it look almost mundane. 12 million makes that a Miocene mantis, yet it's so flawless it could be passed off as a modern bug that got dipped a week ago. I am Jack's raging sense of jealousy. Wonder how much that would go for, assuming it would be for sale (which I doubt).

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
WEB_Myrmozercon1.jpg

44-49 million year old ant and parasite from near the Baltic. One of only two amber samples known to contain a host and parasite together. More air and impurities in this one, but it's a twofer!

• Love
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I concur. Can't see any damage to the critter at all. That the two antennae are intact, upright, and spaced evenly? Shut the front door. I'd take that over any precious stone really, would go nice next to my meg tooth. By nice I mean make it look almost mundane. 12 million makes that a Miocene mantis, yet it's so flawless it could be passed off as a modern bug that got dipped a week ago. I am Jack's raging sense of jealousy. Wonder how much that would go for, assuming it would be for sale (which I doubt).

look at the hairs on the thing--evidence of ancient insect-mammal cross-species hybrid that went extinct? I THINK SO!