Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3122 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Srf9jtN.jpeg

1psY7Bd.jpeg

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
IT here too (IT services for business clients), and our company has weekly meetings. Used to be in a conference room - COVID moved that to Teams. I suspect the need to show ourselves comes from the same original "no electronic devices" requirements for the meetings -- all about minimizing distractions (and relatedly: observing that we appear to be paying attention and taking notes).

With clients? Never. A couple software providers have pushed it and I never enable the camera.
We have a daily standup meeting and also 3x a week Teams internal and with clients. Not once did they even think about video. Thankfully.

I have a piece of tape on the camera. It shows my camera is on but it's just shows black image.

Used to do that too, but they come with built-in slide-covers for the cameras now on laptops. My HP has one. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...litebook-zbook-2018-announced-webcam-cover-g5

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
CpMi7AT.png

This happened to me but it was a squirrel. If you live in the sticks and go consecutive days without using a vehicle, maybe stash some dryer sheets under the hood in strategic areas. Critters can't take the smell apparently. Works far as I can tell.

Think I've told my story here before. Basically over the course of 6 months actually using my car regularly, I battled a pregnant squirrel (chewed fuel line, chewed O2 sensor, chewed noise-dampening foam) and only caught it after it finally had 3 babies under my hood. I used them as bait in a cage. This was the release:

Last edited:

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Love me some old school working breeds. This is an Alabai, what I was going with if I couldn't get Anatolians back in the day. Big damn dog, even if that guy is tiny. Probably the biggest Alabai I've ever seen. Imagine this watching your front yard.