Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
bYVaUVX.jpg

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Before I ever saw a real train I met the guy in our neighborhood who lost both legs in a coupling accident. It was a good life lesson.

My uncle had both arms broken and his chest "crushed" ( that's how it was explained to me by my Mom. ) After he recovered be bought new Cadillac every year and started a very successful business with the money he got from the accident.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Before I ever saw a real train I met the guy in our neighborhood who lost both legs in a coupling accident. It was a good life lesson.
My sister was a trainman in Seattle for a while, following in our uncle's footsteps. The first year they don't talk to you. After that year is up you get invited into card games, etc.
The old timers said they don't waste time with the first year folks. So many just quit.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Yup, it's why jelly won't set if you put fresh pineapple in it. I wonder if it's why fresh pineapple sometimes actually makes my lips bleed - or is that just the acidity?
With tinned pineapple they boil it so that enzyme is eradicated.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Having a tough time scaring up much sympathy for the poor burning Nazi's.

Not saying you are wrong though.

Well, the relevant people would be the _civilian_ German victims of the firebombing of Dresden. So is that the same?

Harris was a big proponent of 'terror bombing' against German cities. (Not sure if his alternative nickname of 'butcher Harris' was due to the number of German civilian deaths he caused, or because of the high death-rate of aircrew of bomber-command.)

I don't really know what I think about it. I mean, the very high figures for the death toll from the firebombing of Dresden, which went unquestioned for a long time, actually started with research by David Irving. Who famously later turned out to be a Holocaust-denier and bit of a Nazi apologist. But at the time he did that research he was still regarded as a reputable historian.
Since then those figures have been questioned and down-sized.

This whole thing really ought to be in the p&n picture thread, I guess.

Reactions: skooma