Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2591 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
when-you-have-to-conquer-mongolia-but-the-cat-needs-34012398.png
Hmm. Why is he wearing cat ears?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hmm. Why is he wearing cat ears?

It's a kabuto (helmet). Samurai were all about showing prestige, ferocity, etc. I've seen them with tigers, leaves, wings, dragon flies, one that was spiky and conical like a seashell.

My money is on those being fox ears, although it certainly could be cat ears.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
74de4fd8d551498dbb2c4adc3a0aaff8--tengu-samurai-armor.jpg

One of my favs. Supposed to be tengu, or crow person, which is associated with sneaky ninja traditions.

Reactions: Thebobo

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Huh? Yes it is. I see motorcycles doing this all the time.

Edit: After seeing Ironwing's post ... wow, I read that completely different, lol.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Um, how do you suppose people change lanes?

I think the author's problem is more along the line of how some people pull into a lane, being a "if I fits, I sits" way of looking for a suitable gap (as well as being only slightly better than cutting someone up), as opposed to looking for a gap that gives sufficient room for braking distance both in front and behind.

On the motorway I often encounter this situation with people pulling in front of me, giving me the choice of riding their bumper (just by maintaining speed), or brake to give safe distance between myself and them, then that happens three times over and I end up overtaking several cars just to find a safe spot without having to regularly slow down because some people drive like jackasses.

I wouldn't mind it so much if they pulled in front of me because they have to turn off shortly, but some people do it as a matter of course.