Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2581 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
9OSvzWB.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If it's that hot the sign would be WAY more effective if it said "air conditioning inside".

I guess it depends what you mean by 'effective.'

I'm guessing the people who would take refuge in a church for air conditioning are too uncomfortable to give a shit about bible stuff, and too cheap or poor to load the donation plate up.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I guess it depends what you mean by 'effective.'

I'm guessing the people who would take refuge in a church for air conditioning are too uncomfortable to give a shit about bible stuff, and too cheap or poor to load the donation plate up.

You have to get them in the door before you can sell them. And anyone that's coming in because they hate hot places should be a good mark for a fire and brimstone preacher. "Come in for the air conditioning, we'll help you beat the heat for all eternity..."

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
As crazy and barely-in-control that looks from the driver's seat, imagine the drivers back in the days when crowds would line up thick directly on the course, lol.

They still do that in some areas!

I can't imagine what it was like before modern suspension technology :D

Still, it's a very dangerous sport. I wonder how long it took to get the brown stains off the interior here:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Damn, that is one amazing guardrail! I suppose a lot of that can be owed to the downforce on the car too, though? Any unwanted lift on that thing and it could have flipped over.