Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2380 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
960-2-600x338.jpg

I clicked on the link Shorty!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crono

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
It looks like a chop but the plethora of people taking a picture probably means that it's not.

Observation: why does everyone take a picture with their left foot forward?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
It looks like a chop but the plethora of people taking a picture probably means that it's not.

its real. there is another spot like this in England where fighters get that close.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Telephoto compression of focal distance. ;)

As for the left foot thing: common bracing position for better stabilization while shooting, and that applies for all shooting, be it photos or pew pews.
Typically the default for right-handed people, though some left-handed people actually shoot better from this same right-handed position. Otherwise a left-handed person will likely find themselves more comfortable and stable in the opposite orientation (right-foot forward). I've seen a few left-handed people begin though like everyone else, taking the left-foot first and using the right eye. Just like some left-handed baseball players bat right or throw right, the dominant eye isn't always the same as the dominant hand, and when they aren't I bet that has got to be weird. I think some start with left-foot first just because using their right eye may feel better, or it's just a way they were taught or saw everyone else doing it. If they're fully left-side dominant, it may still feel wrong after switching from the "normal" position, but with adjustment they become far better in their mechanics than when using the right-handed approach.

Reactions: bigi, Crono and Ns1

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

Normal bikes just riding along are a menace to cars on the road because we have to pay special attention to not run into their delicate frame-less presence. We can't see them easily. Not to mention their noise is obnoxious and they just hang around too long. And these are just everyday riders.

If I saw this clown in my rear-view, you think I'd be thinking cool? No, I'd think, get the fuck away from me before you hit my car. And grow the fuck up.

Reactions: Ajay and Thebobo