Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 501 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
4639094_700b.jpg

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I can't help but think the translations are poorly done. There's no way anybody actually words things that way.
"allah honored wives by instating the punishment of beatings"

Honor seems like the wrong word. It's probably some combination of words about keeping people in line. Gandalf even states that it's supposed to be a last resort.

fuckheads like this are the reason why, almost 11 years later, I still think we need to turn the entire middle east into irradiated glass.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
fuckheads like this are the reason why, almost 11 years later, I still think we need to turn the entire middle east into irradiated glass.

Guess you've never had a friend from a redneck family. We have worse than this guy right here in our own country.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I can't help but think the translations are poorly done. There's no way anybody actually words things that way.

Honor seems like the wrong word. It's probably some combination of words about keeping people in line. Gandalf even states that it's supposed to be a last resort.

Maybe beating is considered an honor, because the alternative is beheading.

pelov

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2011

Nononononononono. They really are that fucking crazy and it's not just him.

Read this today on my phone

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ympics-fear-a-backlash-home-article-1.1106259

There are no written laws that prohibit women from participating in sports, but women are not allowed into stadiums, and they cannot rent athletic venues. There is no physical education for girls in public schools, and no women-only hours at swimming pools. The few gyms that admit women are too expensive for most to frequent.

They also can not drive (might have changed? this was the law last time I heard), can not go outside without being accompanied by a man and are forced to have sex with pineapples.

image.jpg

Arabic women or Asian ninja death squad? You can keep your freedom of religion, I'd rather have my head firmly attached to my body rather than severed by a superninja.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011

You are aware that other languages have words that represent ideas that we don't have a specific word for right. Just checking.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
You are aware that other languages have words that represent ideas that we don't have a specific word for right. Just checking.
Is this why we don't have an understanding or tolerance of other cultures? Maybe we just need to learn their languages!