Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 388 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
What do you mean "wondering what to do with it?" You act like it comes in patties or something and you now have what amounts to trimmings. You have more of what you started with so do what you originally planned to do with it.

It looks like the cut outs amount to about a quarter of each original patty, which isn't that much. If one buys in bulk I suppose it wouldn't be a problem, but there's not a whole lot one can do with that assuming typical hamburger-sized portions of beef. One could refreeze the leftovers, but I'd be paranoid about handling ground beef and saving the remains for later.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
What do you mean "wondering what to do with it?" You act like it comes in patties or something and you now have what amounts to trimmings. You have more of what you started with so do what you originally planned to do with it.

His post being a subtle but clearly pure troll I ignored his post.

I can only hope I've fallen pray to feigned misunderstanding...

240375341613976.jpg

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
It looks like the cut outs amount to about a quarter of each original patty, which isn't that much. If one buys in bulk I suppose it wouldn't be a problem, but there's not a whole lot one can do with that assuming typical hamburger-sized portions of beef. One could refreeze the leftovers, but I'd be paranoid about handling ground beef and saving the remains for later.
Are you continuing the troll? A quarter of the patty goes right back into the MOUND from which you make new patties... or meatloaf... or taco meat... or whatever the heck disappoint wanted you to make while you leave out ingredients and listen to Simon and Garfunkel. Who somehow buys and starts with exactly enough beef to make one patty for one serving?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Are you continuing the troll? A quarter of the patty goes right back into the MOUND from which you make new patties... or meatloaf... or taco meat... or whatever the heck disappoint wanted you to make while you leave out ingredients and listen to Simon and Garfunkel. Who somehow buys and starts with exactly enough beef to make one patty for one serving?

I thought that the point was to design a superior type of patty. Who would want, say, three awesome egg-patties and then have to finish off with a regular old patty? Meatloaf, taco meat, etc fall under the category of having to freeze the meat, unless you regularly eat large ground beef based meals two days in a row.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I thought that the point was to design a superior type of patty. Who would want, say, three awesome egg-patties and then have to finish off with a regular old patty? Meatloaf, taco meat, etc fall under the category of having to freeze the meat, unless you regularly eat large ground beef based meals two days in a row.

I'm from Texas; The only thing that interrupts eating ground-beef is eating non-ground beef.

True story.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Why can I never bring up the last page in this thread?

Oops, i guess this is the last page, since this is where my post landed. It still says there is another page though.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I've seen the page thing happen on other forums too. It's usually when some formatting characteristic is hung up up on some count that doesn't include deleted posts.It probably got to the point where people with low posts-per-page settings not have a full "page" of missing posts.

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
Oh! That's right! They're watching us! :sneaky:

What I meant was

(Maybe or maybe not)rofl, (maybe/maybe not) the best summary of (maybe)the current on-line (so called/then again maybe not only called) bullshit!

Better?

Slimline

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2004
I finally made it to the end of this thread, after reading a few pages a day for months. Excellent.