Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3406 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
l8PIKF9.jpeg

3 settings: Dim, Medium, and Big ol Titties

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
First I hear we're pretty close to a malaria vaccine (awesome, fuck you orange pill) and then I see this. Quite the day for medical breakthrough news, this one should make loads of people happy. Makes me want to invest in a startup.

ghvxCJy.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
First I hear we're pretty close to a malaria vaccine (awesome, fuck you orange pill) and then I see this. Quite the day for medical breakthrough news, this one should make loads of people happy. Makes me want to invest in a startup.

ghvxCJy.png
I thought this already existed? I've seen people wearing a device to monitor blood sugar and report it to a phone. I thought they were needless, too.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I thought this already existed? I've seen people wearing a device to monitor blood sugar and report it to a phone. I thought they were needless, too.
No, they penetrate the skin. The lead, coated with some sort of catalyst, is inserted by a retractable needle.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I have a CGM. On a scale of 1-10, the pain associated with finger pricks for blood glucose are a 2, 3 tops. Attaching a new CGM every two weeks is a 0, I've never felt even a twinge of pain putting one on. Getting them off is another story, the adhesive pads they use are a real pain in the arm: 5 or 6 out of 10 to peel them off.

I use an Abbott Labs Freestyle Libre 2.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I have a CGM. On a scale of 1-10, the pain associated with finger pricks for blood glucose are a 2, 3 tops. Attaching a new CGM every two weeks is a 0, I've never felt even a twinge of pain putting one on. Getting them off is another story, the adhesive pads they use are a real pain in the arm: 5 or 6 out of 10 to peel them off.

I use an Abbott Labs Freestyle Libre 2.

I saw a really cool blurb on a project someone was working on years ago, another noninvasive method to monitor your condition utilizing specially designed contact lenses. They would react to glucose levels somehow, and you check by simply looking in a mirror. Sounds good.