Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3147 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
This feels like one of those things that gets touted but doesn't turn out to be true because no one bothers to check back up on it til much later (kinda like the Komodo Dragon's supposedly toxic saliva - which I believe was found that no their saliva has like horrible bacteria in it because they're literally eating the ass out of like dead water buffalo). Why wouldn't it just eat the damn insects (and/or the frogs)? I'm guessing it doesn't eat the frogs because the frogs might be toxic to them so they just ignore them and someone was like "whoa the spider is just chilling and there's a frog right there!" And then reddit gets involved and then we get people getting info from memes because someone got a pic with a bigass Tarantula about to eat a frog and was like "no, they're friends!"

Next up the GOP will be trying to make laws banning people getting species reassignment surgery to become "Transtulas" from competing in sports and its because the gay frogs went all Queer 8 eyes for the Spider guys.

Then later we find out the spiders just like tripping balls and watching Charlotte's Web.
I went down the spider's nest on this one, pun intended. Interesting stuff.
More pictures

Reactions: Captante

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
b3fc85413aa7c7e29c693b13be7522e5.jpg
417cddd785052ed386110e03e547b928.jpg

Keanu's like 24 there on the left isn't he? He's no Paul Rudd, but guys like him are the exceptions to the aging rule for the most part, not examples of it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
How the fuck did swinging that bat backfire to that magnitude?

Aluminum BB bats absorb energy than release it back abruptly so the combo of spring-back from the roof pillar/windshield + bat = a nice bruise and a headache. This is why they're not used in MLB ... we would have 120lb shortstops hitting HR balls out of stadiums left and right!

Only good news is that a fractured skull is a lot less likely if you get cracked in the noggin with an aluminum/composite bat instead of wood for the same reason.

Reactions: Ajay and zinfamous
Nov 8, 2012
Aluminum BB bats absorb energy than release it back abruptly so the combo of spring-back from the roof pillar/windshield + bat = a nice bruise and a headache. This is why they're not used in MLB ... we would have 120lb shortstops hitting HR balls out of stadiums left and right!

Only good news is that a fractured skull is a lot less likely if you get cracked in the noggin with an aluminum/composite bat instead of wood for the same reason.

Good to know, thanks!

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
1rVNtkc.jpeg

The bodies trapped in the wrecks? Still there, white as ivory and preserved by the temp. I've never understood how people can dive what is basically an open tomb. As creepy as it is disrespectful.

I thought there were already laws about such things? Or maybe that's only for wrecks that have been designated as 'war graves'?

Hmmm, sounds like it's more complicated, legally, than I realised.

As far as the original graphic is concerned, makes me wonder why they don't design ships with separate watertight compartments and systems of hinges between them!