Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2739 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I don't get the reference. What am I missing?

(But I'm pretty sure that picture must have been taken in Hoxton or Shoreditch looking South...maybe from the student residence block there? What's that got to do with South Park? Or JJ Abrams? :confused_old:)
Because it's supposed to be South Park, I assume it's Colorado, but clearly not a small mountain town. Maybe Denver. Also the joke doesn't work because the picture is not covered with lens flare effects. I see one (probably natural) lens flare.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Because it's supposed to be South Park, I assume it's Colorado, but clearly not a small mountain town. Maybe Denver. Also the joke doesn't work because the picture is not covered with lens flare effects. I see one (probably natural) lens flare.

It's not Colorado! It's very clearly London - that's the Gherkin, the Shard, a couple of other recognisable large buildings I don't remember the names of, and an east London council estate I recognise...

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
It's not Colorado! It's very clearly London - that's the Gherkin, the Shard, a couple of other recognisable large buildings I don't remember the names of, and an east London council estate I recognise...
Yeah. So the picture isn't even in Colorado at all. Just a random picture with a lens flare.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I think he was one of the workers trying to herd the rhino for some reason.
Yeah. Definitely a park vehicle, painted as such.

???

What's "happening?" I'm still trying to figure out what Cartman or South Park has to do with anything in the picture.

That "I Never Should've Gone Zip-Lining" episode happened to air when there was a national (international?) news incident involving a pretty girl who contracted flesh eating bacteria while zip-lining and was in a coma and getting amputations after a seemingly minor cut. It seemed strangely relevant in a "It's happening!" way the same day it aired.

Last edited:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
OK. I see the lens flare at the bottom kinda looks like Cartman.
c56a1c7a6355172f41991c219f28af8d.jpeg

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah. Definitely a park vehicle, painted as such.

???

What's "happening?" I'm still trying to figure out what Cartman or South Park has to do with anything in the picture.

That "I Never Should've Gone Zip-Lining" episode happened to air when there was a national (international?) news incident involving a pretty girl who contracted flesh eating bacteria while zip-lining and was in a coma and getting amputations after a seemingly minor cut. It seemed strangely relevant in a "It's happening!" way the same day it aired.

They suggested a live-action South Park was going to happen, and the show already did a hilarious live action segment, so I tied the two together to make a funny hahah thing and you didn't get it and now I feel sad and defeated :(

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Going viral locally (Atlanta area):

Tempted to 2x + audio-swap.

They suggested a live-action South Park was going to happen, and the show already did a hilarious live action segment, so I tied the two together to make a funny hahah thing and you didn't get it and now I feel sad and defeated :(
I probably would've got it if it weren't for my color-blindness. Made me think the earlier thing I was missing was specifically related to that episode rather than the reference being to real-world South Park. It was a fine reference. :)

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
first off--that looked pretty wicked. probably didn't have time to brace himself
second--seems like the plumbers should get fined/sued for running that across what appears to be a common biker/ped path, and basically no safety in place.

Would have had time if he was paying attention or going at a safe speed. The basic common sense of skateboarding is the same as operating any other moving vehicle. You're responsible for being in enough control to stop or avoid unforeseen obstacles. If you drive into a tree branch you're at fault. If you bike into the back of a stalled car you're at fault. And if you can't stop your own skateboard to avoid a hose you're at fault. Pay attention or go slow enough that you're not a danger to yourself and others. Notice the biker and pedestrian had no trouble.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
first off--that looked pretty wicked. probably didn't have time to brace himself
second--seems like the plumbers should get fined/sued for running that across what appears to be a common biker/ped path, and basically no safety in place.
bike went over it no problem :)