Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2692 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
If you haven't seen this, you probably should:

I've seen that :D

I love to educate, and it's a skill conveying knowledge without coming off as pompous or arrogant. You can't simply tell people they're 'wrong' or 'stupid' as that's attacking, not enlightening. I like to talk about the origins of their ideas, then branch off into what other people found out along the way about those ideas. You want to use specifics...dates, names, locations..etc. It's also good to explain how scientists actually LOVE to be proven wrong as it means something new needs to be uncovered. It's impossible to prove a scientific principle as 100% accurate, and scientific principles are based off of probability. Theories tend to be in the 90 percentile range of probability after testing in all possible scenarios.

On a side note, we used to call highly probable theories "laws", but no longer do that as we're more aware of physical and quantum properties of the universe.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Gl4L7Wo.jpg

But I like these guys too

tb7uzohnx8531.jpg

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I fell for that. Hard. I've worked in IT for 15 years, I know I don't have a touchscreen, and I still fell for it.

At the risk of looking quite foolish - what's the punchline? I'm missing something.

I already proved my own hunch correct that nothing happens, I even purposefully loaded it on my phone in both browser and tapatalk just to see if there was some weird illusion or funny trick that occurs.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
At the risk of looking quite foolish - what's the punchline? I'm missing something.

I already proved my own hunch correct that nothing happens, I even purposefully loaded it on my phone in both browser and tapatalk just to see if there was some weird illusion or funny trick that occurs.
This would be a punch line:
5-228x228.jpg

This is relevant to the image in question.