Jesus freaks cause bus accident

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: TravisT
Originally posted by: conjur
Overwhelming evidence? I have yet to see a half human/half ape....

No mirrors in your house?

<rimshot>

:p

C'mon...be creative in your responses, at least.

lol, okay, good response. :p Besides the fact that I do have a bit of facial hair at the moment....
Going for that "Our Lord and Savior" look huh?

hehe, more or less. But unfortunately i'm missing some hair on each sides of my chin. So i look more like a bad elvis impersonator (sp?) with a goatee.

Actually my hair isn't all that long. Just some wiskers at this point. ;)

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

<rimshot>

HAHAHAHAH thats rich!

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Originally posted by: GroundZero
I agree with Noctural here, these forums criticize christians all the time, but even the word 'queer' usually starts up a riot.

It amazes me at times.

idiots deserve to be laughed at.
as for them being christians, queers, or pygmies...it makes no difference
there is no excuse for idiocy, and anyone dumb enough to be rocking a bus while on the interstate
needs to be laughed at when they tip the damn thing over!

I agree, I have no problem if you call people idiots for rocking a bus and turning it over. I do have a problem with comments such as 'How many did we get rid of?' or other derogatory references made towards christians. You can call me a Jesus Freak all day, i don't find that offensive at all. Just like I don't htink a homosexual would find the term 'queer' offensive.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I agree with Noctural here, these forums criticize christians all the time, but even the word 'queer' usually starts up a riot.

It amazes me at times.

there is no excuse for idiocy, and anyone dumb enough to be rocking a bus while on the interstate

I agree, I have no problem if you call people idiots for rocking a bus and turning it over. I do have a problem with comments such as 'How many did we get rid of?' or other derogatory references made towards christians. You can call me a Jesus Freak all day, i don't find that offensive at all. Just like I don't htink a homosexual would find the term 'queer' offensive.
Uh was the Holy Roller comment cool with you your Eminence?;)

Jan 31, 2002

It amazes me at times.

Better not stoop to kiss his ring, he'll think you're playing Altarboy!

- M4H

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

<rimshot>

lol, okay, good response. :p Besides the fact that I do have a bit of facial hair at the moment....
Going for that "Our Lord and Savior" look huh?

hehe, more or less. But unfortunately i'm missing some hair on each sides of my chin. So i look more like a bad elvis impersonator (sp?) with a goatee.

Actually my hair isn't all that long. Just some wiskers at this point. ;)

:camera:s??

No wait....

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
lol, ya, i suppose that one had more of a pun feel to it than 'How many did we get rid of?'.

EDIT: Sorry, no pics of the caveman look (Or is that apeman?)....

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

lol
his cockring bychance?
lmao!

:D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

lol
his cockring bychance?
lmao!

Hey OmegaRedd was looking for you!

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Put it this way, if it were a bunch of homosexuals who were parading in a gay pride day parade and say a bus load of them were walking along happily and were mauled over by a big trailer carrying one of their large balloons. Would it still be funny?

The minute ANYONE laughed at it they would be FLAMED until the death!!!!!!!! Seriously though, what's so funny about a bus accident? I could see if they caused it on purpose and they were TRYING to flip the bus but they weren't. Also, how do they affect you?
It'd be slightly funny, but not as funny as this, seeing that they brought it on themselves.
rolleye.gif

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
> Millions of years of evolution have given homo sapiens the ability to think.

Well, some of them, anyway... :D

OmegaRedd

Banned
Sep 14, 2003

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

lol
his cockring bychance?
lmao!

Hey OmegaRedd was looking for you!

Red Dawn is a botty boy ignore his juvenile banter. He's dying to "come out the closet". Any post by him always have homo rhetoric in them.:D

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
For what it's worth:

1) The people mentioned in this article are definitely not representative of the majority of Christians. Christians aren't even truly representative of Christianity given the fact that Christianity is practiced by humans who are inherently flawed beings, but that is a whole other can of worms. Suffice it to say, for this discussion, that the people on the bus are not indicative of the majority of Christians and neither are the stereotypes presented here. Most Christians are content to lead their own lives and to guide others by quiet example.

2) Belief in the Lord is not exclusive to a belief in evolution. The vast majority of the Christians I know believe in evolution, they simply believe that God is directing evolution. Even when one believes that the Bible is divinely inspired, one must remember that God was explaining things to a people who were very simple and who did not have an understanding of even basic scientific concepts. It is entirely within the scope of Christianity to consider parts of the Old Testament to be allegorical because God needed to make His message accessable to people with limited understanding.

3) I just don't understand the hostility towards Christians in general. Yes, individuals who are Christian (or, more likely, who profess to be Christian) can be awful people, but that's not the whole religion. No-one would paint any other group with such a broad brush while still being considered "politically correct" and yet it happens to Christians all the time. I would not rejoice over the death of my worst enemy and there are people here making jokes about how people should be dead. Perhaps it's time to step back and take a look at what's going on. I'm not asking anyone to change their beliefs, I just hope that I can convince some of you that there is an interesting double standard and that the people you perceive as examples of normal Christianity really are not.

ZV

OmegaRedd

Banned
Sep 14, 2003

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

Hey moron 4 hire nice to see you post have the same idiotic theme's. Still being the class clown without any semblance of using your tiny i.q. to add any meaningful insight. Get back on your little yellow cheese bus tard.:D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: OmegaRedd

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

Hey moron 4 hire nice to see you post have the same idiotic theme's. Still being the class clown without any semblance of using your tiny i.q. to add any meaningful insight. Get back on your little yellow cheese bus tard.:D

Want to try that again in English?
:confused:

Jan 31, 2002

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

I think that's the best he can manage. Since he can't just throw out the word "i love you" at random he's pretty much lost for content.

- M4H

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

I think that's the best he can manage. Since he can't just throw out the word "i love you" at random he's pretty much lost for content.

- M4H

Ah...we have ourselves a n00b troll, I see.

And, heh heh...root beer :D

Jan 31, 2002

It amazes me at times.

- M4H

- M4H

Ah...we have ourselves a n00b troll, I see.

And, heh heh...root beer :D

Heh heh ... hey, that frickin' hurt, man. :p :D

- M4H

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Wonder why God didn't save the bus from being tipped over?

Don't be an idiot man, if you were omnipotent and heard that crap singing wouldn't you do some striking down yourself?

heheh

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Put it this way, if it were a bunch of homosexuals who were parading in a gay pride day parade and say a bus load of them were walking along happily and were mauled over by a big trailer carrying one of their large balloons. Would it still be funny?

The minute ANYONE laughed at it they would be FLAMED until the death!!!!!!!! Seriously though, what's so funny about a bus accident? I could see if they caused it on purpose and they were TRYING to flip the bus but they weren't. Also, how do they affect you?

I don't have any problems with homosexuals or any sexual when consensual sex is taking place....but for the record whether you are gay or not in a parade and get run down by your own balloon, it's sad, but some funny stuff at the same time.