Jessica Simpson on NBC Today Show

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
To say she can't sing would be an understatement.. plus she is totally uncoordinated - when she tries to get "funky" and dance about she looks completely spastic. Why is this person pursuing a career in music? Can't she make money in modelling and TV shows instead?

L

Lola

she is making money because she has big knockers and is dressed like a little tramp.
sex sells.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
she is making money because she has big knockers and is dressed like a little tramp.
sex sells.

I don't know how you dress but you haven't much room to critisize her "big knockers"

L

Lola

Originally posted by: MisterJackson
sex sells.

I don't know how you dress but you haven't much room to critisize her "big knockers"

aint nothin wrong with her breasts at all. never said that.
I simply was saying the truth... sex sells, whether its in a corporate inviroment or on TV.
I give her credit for making as much money as she has.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
sex sells.

Who says she is criticizing?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
She would totally be my girl of the month if she had gone into the adult entertainment business.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
sex sells.

You say it like it is a bad thing :p

I wouldn't say she dresses like a little tramp though. The stuff is all for show and it sells and makes £££.

Koing

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Koing
sex sells.

I wouldn't say she dresses like a little tramp though. The stuff is all for show and it sells and makes £££.

Koing

naw, its not a bad thing at all. just the truth.

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
sex sells.

Koing

i think it's a bad thing. i think this kind of crap promotes the idea that music should be "disposable." take a pretty face (i know i'm in the minority, in thinking jessica's not that hot), dress it up, add sex, cross-promote in movies, tv shows, etc. Once you've got the exposure simply take an over-processed meaningless song and play it non-stop for a few months, get the kids into a cd-buying or downloading frenzy. Over time they'll get sick of hearing it so much and move onto the next "product." In this way you've boosted cd sales by shortening the lifespan of the product.

JessicaSimpson

L

Lola

Originally posted by: kmr1212
sex sells.

Koing

i think it's a bad thing. i think this kind of crap promotes the idea that music should be "disposable." take a pretty face (i know i'm in the minority, in thinking jessica's not that hot), dress it up, add sex, cross-promote in movies, tv shows, etc. Once you've got the exposure simply take an over-processed meaningless song and play it non-stop for a few months, get the kids into a cd-buying or downloading frenzy. Over time they'll get sick of hearing it so much and move onto the next "product." In this way you've boosted cd sales by shortening the lifespan of the product.

I do agree.... Its sad that that is why she is popular, however, i said it earlier... good for her. I said "its not a bad thing" because if she is using what she has to make money, good for her.

In regards to this(kinda) ... i was in a store today and saw a 12 year old (at the most) in high heels and a skirt so short if the wind blew a little bit, there would be a show. it was awful beause she was so young and i am sure she is dressing like this because of what she sees on TV.

Metron

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2003

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Metron
Originally posted by: moshquerade
didn't someone just post a thread yesterday saying she wasn't supposed to sing for awhile or else she could permanently lose her voice? :confused:

edit: found it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1919829&enterthread=y

so she sang on NBC Today Show today?

Just watched the video in the link I posted previously... she could barely speak, but she was drinking some concoction to enable her to sing. She sounded fine... :)
i can't get the vid to play.

Feb 10, 2000
I just flat out don't _get_ Jessica Simpson. She's annoying as hell, her face is way too apish for me, and her body isn't that great - she has no ass at all and she needed a boob lift at what, age 20, because they were sagging.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I completely give her leniency on her performance this morning on the Today Show. They were already talking yesterday or the day before about how her throat is messed up or something. If you watch the video, its pretty clear that shes having a problem with her voice. Im surprised that she performed at all, but I imagine there would have been a Rockefeller Center riot if she didnt.

In my eyes, she gets credit for going above and beyond... even if she sounded like crap.

I caught about 20 minutes of her on the radio last weekend hosting Americas Top 40 or whatever show it is that Casey Kasem started. I think Ryan Seacrest normally hosts it these days. Anyway, that was a train wreck! Im sure that those in the studio enjoyed it (assuming they could see her), but it was horrible to listen to her try to ad-lib her way through the show's end.