Jessica Lynch

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
It's now being reported that her captors raped her anally, then broke her bones. The mere fact she survived that horror is simply amazing. Now it's all starting to make sense as to why the doctor told our troops where she was being held prisoner. Nobody should have to go through that.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Heard it on the radio this morning. It even said that she was still unable to control her bowel movements

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I just found something here

Before all the freaks jump in with their typical "AHHHHHH NOT FOX NEWS, YOU NEOCON", please be advised that I merely found a damn link.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Not surpising.

Deep down we all know what happens to pretty White women.

Hell, Rape is an accepted means of torture in the Arab World.

They torture men by bringing in their daughters, sisters, mothers, wives and raping them right in front of you.

Ten bucks says the crappy Nbc movie leaves this little titbit out.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I thought she didn't remember anything until she woke up in the hospital?

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

The medical reports cited in the book basically say the doctors knew she was Sodomized by the size and damage done two her cornhole.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

She has 3 hours of an unaccounted time in which she blacked out or has mentally blocked out. The medical report said she was raped

P.O.W.

Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by: smashp

The medical reports cited in the book basically say the doctors knew she was Sodomized by the size and damage done two her cornhole.

a little senstivity here please you asshat.

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999
I feel quite bad for what has happened to her and it should never happen to anyone but, I'm still not sure why she is classified as a hero. :confused:

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Heard it on the radio this morning. It even said that she was still unable to control her bowel movements

I heard it on the radio as well, Howard Stern news portion of the show, which, say what you will about the rest of the show, the news part of the show is very credible and usually pretty accurate.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I hope NBC runs a little bar across the screen saying the first 3 hours of her captivity is speculation, or I'm going to boycott that POS movie!

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
Yes, I don't think we're suprised by that. I wonder if the other female POW went thru the same ordeal.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
I personally think they're all heroes.

Originally posted by: Gand1
I feel quite bad for what has happened to her and it should never happen to anyone but, I'm still not sure why she is classified as a hero. :confused:

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002

I think that had more to do with her spinal injuries. But it is possible that her spinal injuries came from anal rapes.

She's taking roughly 18 painkillers daily.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Shelly21

I think that had more to do with her spinal injuries. But it is possible that her spinal injuries came from anal rapes.

She's taking roughly 18 painkillers daily.

Good lord, spinal injuries from being raped? That is some savage raping.

I was thinking the spinal injuries came from the explosion and the Iraqi soldiers stomping on her and kicking her.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I don't believe it and don't think the sources are credible, specifically from our "intelligence". This is the same 'source' that came up with all the bs that she was a hero before the facts were out.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
It's been years since I've seen the statistic quoted, but rape is not a part of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. When I last saw a published statistic on this, there had never been a rape by the opposing sides. Contrary to what someone earlier said, I do not believe that rape is a customary part of Arab culture. I'm not going to try to prove a null hypothesis, but one of you gonzos who thinks its a customary thing, come up with some data. And, by the way, I do believe the tales of Sadaam's regime where rape was apparently a part of the brutality. But this is not a general Arab custom.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Whitling
It's been years since I've seen the statistic quoted, but rape is not a part of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. When I last saw a published statistic on this, there had never been a rape by the opposing sides. Contrary to what someone earlier said, I do not believe that rape is a customary part of Arab culture. I'm not going to try to prove a null hypothesis, but one of you gonzos who thinks its a customary thing, come up with some data. And, by the way, I do believe the tales of Sadaam's regime where rape was apparently a part of the brutality. But this is not a general Arab custom.

It's not customary but it is a perfectly accepted form of punishment in some areas. How many women did Uday rape in his short albeit evil lifetime?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Whitling

It's not customary but it is a perfectly accepted form of punishment in some areas. How many women did Uday rape in his short albeit evil lifetime?

That doesn't make any sense. I am sure thier are a lot of thugs and criminals in the US who rape women to show thier power but that doesn't say anything about the culture as a whole does it?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Nitemare (how appropriate). Just shoot us a link that backs you up. I havent listed a link to support my statement and I'll tell you why.

The statement "You can't prove a null hypothesis." Means that there is no satisfactory way to prove that something doesn't exist. This is a maxim of science, not my personal opinion. You want to prove something exists, go ahead. I knew some ---I don't want to be insulting here --- poster would say, "What about Sadaam (or Uday)?" Some one has already answered this. That fact that it's happened doesn't mean it's a societal norm. After all, we generally don't approve of preemptive stikes based on suspicion, but it happened.