Jesse Ventura could enter the race if Sanders loses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You bernie supporters are so cute. Clinging to any ounce of hope possible as long as you get free shit.

Hey look, it's a trump fan pulling the free shit card again. Talk about cute!

November is going to be a unpleasant time for you speed. Hang in there buddy!

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Hey look, it's a trump fan pulling the free shit card again. Talk about cute!

November is going to be a unpleasant time for you speed. Hang in there buddy!

It isnt a frickin card, it is Bernie's campaign slogan. Free college! Free shit for everyone! Just like welfare in West Philly.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
1) Building a wall is like building Trump Towers all over the place. Do you seriously think he's not going to do this? He just talked about it at last night's rally. How China has 13000 miles of a wall and it's been up for millennia. We would only need to build 1000 miles according to him. It's definitely doable. Getting Mexico to pay for it though might be a stretch, but with a R Congress they'll be able to get shit done.
2) Trump has said no such thing to raise taxes on that bracket. Your opinion is not based in fact.

And yet none of your 2nd-degree reporting of Trump's promises reflect any policy based in fact...much less reality.

You do realize he is lying to you about everything, right?

He's going to double the number of abortion clinics and take away your assault rifles if elected. And double his workforce in Mexico.

count on it.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I hope we get to see another Rove meltdown!

Funny you should bring that up, I got all nostalgic about some epic laughs the other day. Loaded up Youtube. Colbert's Correspondents Dinner masterpiece was front and center, but included were clips of Rove and Ailes 'getting the news.' The part where Rove starts getting feisty and the analysts behind the desk are like 'we don't care if you think we're wrong, math says we're right, fuck off' hahaha :biggrin: Watching that sack of shit panic def makes my day, what can I say?

The disbelief was delicious. It was like suddenly all he was listening to was a loud flushing sound, of all that cash spent with nothing to show for it but overwhelming confusion.

I agree, I hope we see a similar reaction to this latest tycoon candidate.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Ok, think on this for a moment. While I think most people agree on illegal immigrants being undesirable he hasnt said any kind of plan to get rid of them other than to build some wall that wont work, and you know that if you know hispanics. Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. ;)

Also the top 5% is an income of roughly 150-200k a year. That bracket is MORE likely to be taxed by someone like Trump IF he were to raise them on anyone cuz he wont raise them on his people, the 1%.

The problem with Trump is you have no idea what hes really gonna do. Maybe 2 years in he will decide he wants to be a democrat again. Who knows, that guy is unstable.

They SHOULD be taxed more. Obama and fellow Democrats have arbitrarily set the lower bound for being "rich" at $250k for years. That's allowed the wealthy progressive urbanite professionals who are "rich" by anyone else's definition to escape the higher taxes they themselves called for. When you're making triple to four times the median U.S. wage of $51,939 you need to sack up, admit you're rich, and get out your wallet and pay the tax man. Stop hiding behind excuses like "collective action problem" or "but the 1%." If you're calling for a 90% top rate then the $150-250k folks should never be paying the tax man less than 50% after all deductions and credits.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
They SHOULD be taxed more. Obama and fellow Democrats have arbitrarily set the lower bound for being "rich" at $250k for years. That's allowed the wealthy progressive urbanite professionals who are "rich" by anyone else's definition to escape the higher taxes they themselves called for. When you're making triple to four times the median U.S. wage of $51,939 you need to sack up, admit you're rich, and get out your wallet and pay the tax man. Stop hiding behind excuses like "collective action problem" or "but the 1%." If you're calling for a 90% top rate then the $150-250k folks should never be paying the tax man less than 50% after all deductions and credits.

Such bullshit. People who depend on working for their incomes aren't rich. People who depend on their investments to earn $M's per year really are rich. At the high end of that, taxes won't hurt their lifestyles in the slightest but rather limit their economic power, the power to run other people's lives.

High earners have better potential to become a very minor sort of rich, to be able to sustain their lifestyles in retirement & to leave their heirs with a significant stake in the game.

The world is a better place with 1000 millionaires than a single billionaire & tax policy should reflect that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It is hilarious to watch you impotently rage against people who live in cities. It's also amusing to see that you believe the federal tax code should punish people for living in high cost of living areas more than it already does.

As usual, your public policy ideas are generally based around how you can spite your imagined enemies instead of any rational argument.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
What I'm saying? I'm in the top 5% of income in the country and will vote for the party that won't take it away. I've also acknowledged the fact that illegals do wreak havoc in this country and we need a solution - and I bet I know hispanics better than you do.

So you believe that we should massively reduce our .mil spending? Maybe tap medicare a bit (fuck those old bastards)?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
1) Building a wall is like building Trump Towers all over the place. Do you seriously think he's not going to do this? He just talked about it at last night's rally. How China has 13000 miles of a wall and it's been up for millennia. We would only need to build 1000 miles according to him. It's definitely doable. Getting Mexico to pay for it though might be a stretch, but with a R Congress they'll be able to get shit done.
2) Trump has said no such thing to raise taxes on that bracket. Your opinion is not based in fact.

What has Trump said about the budget deficit? If he intends on cutting it sorry bud but your taxes are going up. BTW, how does he intend on paying for this wall and please don't tell me Mexico is going to foot the bill?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Building a wall is like building Trump Towers all over the place.

It's more like this-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunkers_in_Albania#Large_bunkers_and_tunnels

The bunkerisation of the country had effects that went beyond their ubiquitous physical impact on the landscape. The bunkers were presented by the Party as both a symbol and a practical means of preventing Albania's subjugation by foreign powers, but some viewed them as a concrete expression of Hoxha's policy of isolationism – keeping the outside world at bay. Some Albanians saw them as an oppressive symbol of intimidation and control. Ismail Kadare used the bunkers in his 1996 novel The Pyramid to symbolise the Hoxha regime's brutality and control, while Çashku has characterised the bunkers as "a symbol of totalitarianism" because of the "isolation psychology" that they represented.[8] It has been argued that the bunkerisation programme was a form of "patterned large-scale construction" that "has a disciplinary potential as a means of familiarising a population with a given order of rule." The regime's xenophobia had the effect of creating a siege mentality and a sense of constant emergency.

Siege mentality... & a sense of constant emergency... seems familiar somehow.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Such bullshit. People who depend on working for their incomes aren't rich. People who depend on their investments to earn $M's per year really are rich. At the high end of that, taxes won't hurt their lifestyles in the slightest but rather limit their economic power, the power to run other people's lives.

High earners have better potential to become a very minor sort of rich, to be able to sustain their lifestyles in retirement & to leave their heirs with a significant stake in the game.

The world is a better place with 1000 millionaires than a single billionaire & tax policy should reflect that.

So right on time here comes the "hey wait, I'm not the rich person I was talking about taxing" protests.

It is hilarious to watch you impotently rage against people who live in cities. It's also amusing to see that you believe the federal tax code should punish people for living in high cost of living areas more than it already does.

As usual, your public policy ideas are generally based around how you can spite your imagined enemies instead of any rational argument.

I'm not raging at all, I just think the rich people who call for taxes to be raised on the rich ought to pay those taxes. Instead you just complain about how you're not really rich.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not raging at all, I just think the rich people who call for taxes to be raised on the rich ought to pay those taxes. Instead you just complain about how you're not really rich.

I never complained about anything, I just mentioned why your idea was dumb.

And yeah, your hatred and jealousy of city people comes out constantly in your posts. Don't be mad just because you live in a boring area.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So right on time here comes the "hey wait, I'm not the rich person I was talking about taxing" protests.

I don't belong to either set of people. I just have what I'd like for a lot of other people to have & the guys at the top hogging the pie prevent it from happening.

I held a skilled blue collar job for decades & the wife made nearly as much as I did the whole time. We raised our children, paid off the house & the vehicles, lived nearly debt free (other than the mortgage) the whole time because we made enough money to do so. We saved enough to cover most expenses at a state college for our sons. I get a modest pension & SS. More people should have it so good.

I'll sacrifice more in taxes if need be, just as soon as I see significant sacrifice from our wealthiest citizens, people who make more money in a year than most people do in a lifetime.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I don't belong to either set of people. I just have what I'd like for a lot of other people to have & the guys at the top hogging the pie prevent it from happening.

I held a skilled blue collar job for decades & the wife made nearly as much as I did the whole time. We raised our children, paid off the house & the vehicles, lived nearly debt free (other than the mortgage) the whole time because we made enough money to do so. We saved enough to cover most expenses at a state college for our sons. I get a modest pension & SS. More people should have it so good.

I'll sacrifice more in taxes if need be, just as soon as I see significant sacrifice from our wealthiest citizens, people who make more money in a year than most people do in a lifetime.

Then why are you supporting a tax policy that supports the very people whose work is the least value creating in the economy? Those rich billionaires are the ones who created industries that have literally changed lives for the better; people like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton. And then we have the working class guys like you, the ones who build the amazing stuff the first category of folks created.

And then finally you have the $150-250k set. The lawyers. The accountants who find corporate tax loopholes to exploit. The politicians. The hordes of school administrators. The whole parasitic class that has sprung up to fill jobs like lobbyist, or "diversity coordinator," or consultants like Halliburton. All are simply extracting value out of the system while instead pointing fingers at the entrepreneurs saying "GO TAX THEM!" for having the gall to do things like invent technology that's increased our lifespan by 20+ years over the last century or instant communication anywhere on earth.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Funny you should bring that up, I got all nostalgic about some epic laughs the other day. Loaded up Youtube. Colbert's Correspondents Dinner masterpiece was front and center, but included were clips of Rove and Ailes 'getting the news.' The part where Rove starts getting feisty and the analysts behind the desk are like 'we don't care if you think we're wrong, math says we're right, fuck off' hahaha :biggrin: Watching that sack of shit panic def makes my day, what can I say?

The disbelief was delicious. It was like suddenly all he was listening to was a loud flushing sound, of all that cash spent with nothing to show for it but overwhelming confusion.

I agree, I hope we see a similar reaction to this latest tycoon candidate.
No offense but kind of sheds some light on your life and what you do with your free time (which you seem to have a lot of). :biggrin:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Then why are you supporting a tax policy that supports the very people whose work is the least value creating in the economy?

Because the world would end faster if nobody carried off the trash, fixed the roofs & the roads & cleaned the bathrooms than if the heads of the fortune 500 all died in their sleep on the same night.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Hogging the pie? You mean the pie you were too beta to try and get a piece of? Blame your shitty choices in life, not people who had more balls than you and risked more to become more successful. "Scared money doesn't make any money". You are scared, and now are angry at the wrong people. The anger should be at the mirror.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
What I'm saying? I'm in the top 5% of income in the country and will vote for the party that won't take it away. I've also acknowledged the fact that illegals do wreak havoc in this country and we need a solution - and I bet I know hispanics better than you do.

That's like a buck-twenty bro.

pj19cxXOwPuyy5USfJJocDI0pvLMQalu_lg.jpg

You're so fucking Blanche DuBois, you'd cringe if you read the shit you post with a shred of self-awareness.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hogging the pie? You mean the pie you were too beta to try and get a piece of? Blame your shitty choices in life, not people who had more balls than you and risked more to become more successful. "Scared money doesn't make any money". You are scared, and now are angry at the wrong people. The anger should be at the mirror.

I've led a good life doing something I was good at. I have a little piece of the pie, something too few Americans have, sad to say.

But it's a nice bit of projection. You're scared to death that poor people will drag you down when the greatest economic danger for all of us who aren't astoundingly Rich is ending up as a bug on the windshield of financialized international capitalism. They're a force completely beyond our control only when we let them be, when we let them have too much say in the basic structure of the game & the world as it is.

So, uhh, keep thumping your alpha chest, bro. The guys at the top think it's just adorable.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
No offense but kind of sheds some light on your life and what you do with your free time (which you seem to have a lot of). :biggrin:

Yeah no worries, none taken. It's not really possible given your post count. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear net access is sporadic for you, or that your multitasking sucks as much as your judgement. Count me another poster who wishes you to get well soon. ;)

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

As the President, he doesn't have the power to fund or build a wall so no he isn't going to do it.

Building a wall would take both Congressional legislation and appropriations to build it. The majority of the stuff Trump says he would have zero power to do and there is little chance Congress would go along with him on it either. You and Trump need remedial lessons on how the branches of government work. The bright side of a Trump presidency would be the expansion of executive power would likely reverse course.

Last edited: