Jesse Ventura could enter the race if Sanders loses

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
And the GOP bankrollers are quietly threatening to bankroll a 3rd party candidate if (when) rubio gets trounced and Bloomberg is also threatening to enter the race could this election get any more insane?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...a-i-ll-run-for-president-if-bernie-loses.html

I could see myself protest voting for someone as batshit crazy as Ventura if Sanders loses. He's somewhat ideologically close to my gay commie weed heart.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
You bernie supporters are so cute. Clinging to any ounce of hope possible as long as you get free shit.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Might even be more fun if Rubio was shoehorned in, Drumpf went Independent, and Jesse ran Independent also.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You seem to say this a lot, I'm flattered. I don't swing that way, sorry.

Um yeah, OK. Not sure where the swinging thing came from.

WU0hx1B.jpg

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You bernie supporters are so cute. Clinging to any ounce of hope possible as long as you get free shit.

Look at the turnout from that youth vote.
A huge rally is one thing, but no show at the polls does not win elections for Bernie.
I like Bernie but... his support are realizing maybe free isn't going to fly after all.

It does amaze me that college kids and that under 30 crowd, especially those democrats and independents, never seem to show up at the polls.
The older folks show up. Blacks show up. Every republican from every age group show up.
But the independent and democratic youth vote? Don't bet the farm.
What I think happens with this youth vote, that they love a rally. Party time and banner waving.
But voting is somehow beneath them.
Voting is so mom and dad-ish.
Voting is so cheap and insulting.
Hey, I'm an educated college kid (they say), politics and voting are for the uneducated and ignorant class. I don't do that. Dad and mom might do that, I don't (they say).

I mean, why would an educated young registered voter fail to vote?
Because this is politics and for them politics is a dirty word.

And no, Jesse Ventura is not going to run.
Even his own state of Minnesota experienced a large does of buyers remorse after electing Jesse.
However, Jesse did get that mass transit rail system built.
That he can be very proud of.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
Ventura wont run, Sanders supporters are likely not interested. Im not.

Id like to win. ;)

I wouldnt count Sanders out. All the states hes lost to Hillary are only states where they wont vote for a jew. wink wink

Plus states like south carolina and alabama are very likely to go red during the general election and wont be an issue for Sanders as they wont win those states anyway.

Not to mention, If Sanders won and selected Elizabeth Warren as vice or Hillary wins and chooses Sanders for vice, they would crush trump like a bug.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Let go of your self hatred
Actually my life is pretty dam good due to good genetics (brains and brawn). Sorry it didn't work out for you. But hey, at least you can always live vicariously through your football team. :biggrin:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Actually my life is pretty dam good due to good genetics (brains and brawn). Sorry it didn't work out for you. But hey, at least you can always live vicariously through your football team. :biggrin:

You should never be allowed in another NFL thread, you get your ass handed to you up and down looking like a fool every single time :D Actually, that goes for virtually every thread :D

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
So what you are saying...is that you are a minority and you support Trump, and you are smart... :hmm:

:sneaky:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
You should never be allowed in another NFL thread, you get your ass handed to you up and down looking like a fool every single time :D Actually, that goes for virtually every thread :D
Yes, I heard if you say it enough times it'll come true. Wish upon a star, little phokus. :biggrin:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
So what you are saying...is that you are a minority and you support Trump, and you are smart... :hmm:

:sneaky:
What I'm saying? I'm in the top 5% of income in the country and will vote for the party that won't take it away. I've also acknowledged the fact that illegals do wreak havoc in this country and we need a solution - and I bet I know hispanics better than you do.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
Ok, think on this for a moment. While I think most people agree on illegal immigrants being undesirable he hasnt said any kind of plan to get rid of them other than to build some wall that wont work, and you know that if you know hispanics. Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. ;)

Also the top 5% is an income of roughly 150-200k a year. That bracket is MORE likely to be taxed by someone like Trump IF he were to raise them on anyone cuz he wont raise them on his people, the 1%.

The problem with Trump is you have no idea what hes really gonna do. Maybe 2 years in he will decide he wants to be a democrat again. Who knows, that guy is unstable.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
NM, not worth the trouble.

I suspect Alky has never really left says enough.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 1999
Ventura wont run, Sanders supporters are likely not interested. Im not.

Id like to win. ;)

I wouldnt count Sanders out. All the states hes lost to Hillary are only states where they wont vote for a jew. wink wink

Plus states like south carolina and alabama are very likely to go red during the general election and wont be an issue for Sanders as they wont win those states anyway.

Not to mention, If Sanders won and selected Elizabeth Warren as vice or Hillary wins and chooses Sanders for vice, they would crush trump like a bug.

I'm sure there's all sorts of strategery, triangulation, and conventional wisdom why it won't happen, but I think Hillary is going to need Sanders as her VP. She's like an enthusiasm vampire to the base and they need to be excited enough to actually show up in Nov.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Ok, think on this for a moment. While I think most people agree on illegal immigrants being undesirable he hasnt said any kind of plan to get rid of them other than to build some wall that wont work, and you know that if you know hispanics. Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. ;)

Also the top 5% is an income of roughly 150-200k a year. That bracket is MORE likely to be taxed by someone like Trump IF he were to raise them on anyone cuz he wont raise them on his people, the 1%.

The problem with Trump is you have no idea what hes really gonna do. Maybe 2 years in he will decide he wants to be a democrat again. Who knows, that guy is unstable.
1) Building a wall is like building Trump Towers all over the place. Do you seriously think he's not going to do this? He just talked about it at last night's rally. How China has 13000 miles of a wall and it's been up for millennia. We would only need to build 1000 miles according to him. It's definitely doable. Getting Mexico to pay for it though might be a stretch, but with a R Congress they'll be able to get shit done.
2) Trump has said no such thing to raise taxes on that bracket. Your opinion is not based in fact.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What I'm saying? I'm in the top 5% of income in the country and will vote for the party that won't take it away. I've also acknowledged the fact that illegals do wreak havoc in this country and we need a solution - and I bet I know hispanics better than you do.

You 'know hispanics better'? Please enlighten us, haha.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
1) Building a wall is like building Trump Towers all over the place. Do you seriously think he's not going to do this? He just talked about it at last night's rally. How China has 13000 miles of a wall and it's been up for millennia. We would only need to build 1000 miles according to him. It's definitely doable. Getting Mexico to pay for it though might be a stretch, but with a R Congress they'll be able to get shit done.
2) Trump has said no such thing to raise taxes on that bracket. Your opinion is not based in fact.

1. errkay, you think even a republican congress is gonna let this guy build a 1000 mile wall with mexico? I do not.

2. I never said Trump had said anything about that, he hasn't, It was a hypothetical. It wasnt even an opinion and was definitely not based on any fact. I dont think he will raise any taxes he will just gut every social program for money. BUT if he WERE to raise ANY taxes it would not be on the 1%.

You 'know hispanics better'? Please enlighten us, haha.

I think he is Hispanic and thats how. Not sure.