Jesse Jackson to help find missing journalists

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
news link (CNN)

Go get 'em, Jesse! ;)

But... :Q

One of the missing journalists mentioned in that article is Molly Bingham...of the Binghams. They owned the press here in Louisville for many a year and have quite a 'reputation' among themselves
rolleye.gif

Local article on Molly

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
news link (CNN)

Go get 'em, Jesse! ;)

But... :Q

One of the missing journalists mentioned in that article is Molly Bingham...of the Binghams. They owned the press here in Louisville for many a year and have quite a 'reputation' among themselves
rolleye.gif

Local article on Molly
We get to possibly send Jesse to Iraq? So much for all the people saying we aren't winning this war.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
If only he would. Landmine, sniper, mortar round, artillery shell, nerve gas, bad cologne.

Please, Jesse, go!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke

We get to possibly send Jesse to Iraq? So much for all the people saying we aren't winning this war.
Well...

"And I said I would do my very best," Jackson said. He said he had no plans to travel to the region, however
:
:
:
Jackson said he hopes to amass a delegation of religious leaders to help in securing the release of the journalists -- if they indeed are being held -- as well as U.S. prisoners of war and other people missing in Iraq.

Guess Jesse will try to see, with his mastery of diplomacy, if he can achieve their liberty!

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
GO JESSE GO! Jesse gets trashed by a lot of the media but he is the only one with the balls to go into hostile countries and bring home hostages.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"And I said I would do my very best," Jackson said. He said he had no plans to travel to the region, however.

Barny, read the story next time.

I was disapointed, the only good that might have come out of this was Jesse getting lost in the desert of Iraq and now he says he isn't going there.

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
GO JESSE GO! Jesse gets trashed by a lot of the media but he is the only one with the balls to go into hostile countries and bring home hostages.

You think he is doing this for their benefit, he is and ALWAYS will be a press whore.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BunLengthHotDog

You think he is doing this for their benefit, he is and ALWAYS will be a press whore.

As long as it gets people's sons, daughters, kids, fathers, mothers etc... home safely, who cares? I want to see Rush truck his big fat ass and do something positive.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
It's too bad he's not going to the region, would make the best possible use of "stray" munitions.

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
I want to see Rush truck his big fat ass and do something positive.

Rush knows his place, and will let the military do their job. Jackson on the other hand revels in sticking his nose where it doesnt belong.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I can see Saddam's last stand now, holed up in a bunker with a gun to Jessie Jackson's head, demanding an airplane & cash...

Is there a chance Waters, Sharpton & M. Moore might go too?

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001

Rush knows his place, and will let the military do their job. Jackson on the other hand revels in sticking his nose where it doesnt belong.

Wrong. The military is only good at using force and not at diplomacy. Sometimes you just need to say the right words and Jesse Jackson is good at that. Do you think the family members of the hostages he has rescued from Cuba, Syria, and Yugoslavia are pissed off for not allowing the military to get them? Don't hate him because you don't agree with his political beliefs. If my son was a POW right now, the first person I'd want would be Rev Jackson to negotiate for his release, not Cowboy Rumsfield with his John Wayne attitude which will end up getting the Pow's killed. Diplomacy is very effective.

bGIveNs33

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: conjur news link (CNN) Go get 'em, Jesse! ;) But... :Q One of the missing journalists mentioned in that article is Molly Bingham...of the Binghams. They owned the press here in Louisville for many a year and have quite a 'reputation' among themselves
rolleye.gif
Local article on Molly

:D... after a long night of studying I needed that laugh.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife

Wrong. The military is only good at using force and not at diplomacy. Sometimes you just need to say the right words and Jesse Jackson is good at that. Do you think the family members of the hostages he has rescued from Cuba, Syria, and Yugoslavia are pissed off for not allowing the military to get them? Don't hate him because you don't agree with his political beliefs. If my son was a POW right now, the first person I'd want would be Rev Jackson to negotiate for his release, not Cowboy Rumsfield with his John Wayne attitude which will end up getting the Pow's killed. Diplomacy is very effective.

I'll take US special forces thank you....

1 rescued by use of force.

NONE given back due to diplomacy.

You do realize Saddam still has pows from the gulf war? He has no desire to curry favor by releasing anyone, because the torture stories will outdo any good their release might cause...