Jesse Duplantis, Destrehan televangelist, seeks donations for $54 million jet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
"I really believe that if the Lord Jesus Christ was physically on the Earth today, he wouldn't be riding a donkey," Duplantis says in the video. "He'd be in an airplane flying all over the world."

10.jpg

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
If we read the word we can see how Jesus picked up a bullwhip and drove the money changers out of the temple as they were monetizing the gospel for personal gain. Men like him who've been prospering from perverting the gospel will suffer greatly in hell.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I find this so sad. A lot of the people that donate to help pay for that plane can't afford to do so.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I find this so sad. A lot of the people that donate to help pay for that plane can't afford to do so.
Even sadder is that God warns his people that they perish for lack of knowledge and to prove all things and hold fast to that which is good yet shysters like him are able to pull this off repeatedly.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
They can't fly commercial, because 'it's full of demons,' and they'd be overwhelmed with prayer requests?

The capricious idiocy of evangelicals never ceases to amaze me, particularly the tithing lemmings that lap it up.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
They can't fly commercial, because 'it's full of demons,' and they'd be overwhelmed with prayer requests?

The capricious idiocy of evangelicals never ceases to amaze me, particularly the tithing lemmings that lap it up.
Folks need to hear about it from a real christian.

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
"I really believe that if the Lord Jesus Christ was physically on the Earth today, he wouldn't be riding a donkey," Duplantis says in the video. "He'd be in an airplane flying all over the world."

That is a convenient, completely unsupported belief that he has going. It must be nice to make up your own rules. I love the Gospel, I don't love seeing it perverted by false prophets.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Folks need to hear about it from a real christian.

How about they just start following their own bible? Mark 10:25 seems pretty unequivocal, or at least it should be for people who wear their love of the book on their sleeves.

No idea what a "real" christian is, but I don't think the celebrity and money worshipers care what traditional, more ethical followers think. Hence why it is still going on and why church attendance continues to plummet.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Good news doesn't come cheap. (Gospel means good news in case anyone didn't get it.)

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
How about they just start following their own bible? Mark 10:25 seems pretty unequivocal, or at least it should be for people who wear their love of the book on their sleeves.

No idea what a "real" christian is, but I don't think the celebrity and money worshipers care what traditional, more ethical followers think. Hence why it is still going on and why church attendance continues to plummet.
Unfortunately some people cannot discern for themselves, which Jesus refers to as the sheep, and they require a good shepherd to guide them.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

With God all things are possible is the conclusion to the "eye of the needle" thing. The problem is that someone actually preaches Jesus flying into Jerusalem on a jet. They missed the whole point, which is humility, something utterly lacking in these "christians". Claiming to be something and then becoming the antithesis doesn't substantiate their claim.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Unfortunately some people cannot discern for themselves, which Jesus refers to as the sheep, and they require a good shepherd to guide them.

I just noticed your new avatar - and couldn't approve more.

Still giddy about the news myself.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, but you're not Jesus, Jesse.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Well...they’re not wrong I guess.

The full quote is even worse...

"argued that commercial planes were full of "a bunch of demons" that will bog down their busy schedules with prayer requests"

Can't be giving that shit out for free and can't be having video floating around of you refusing or worse lying about it. What would Jesus do?