Jesse Duplantis, Destrehan televangelist, seeks donations for $54 million jet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
It’s amusing that the people who support these charlatans never seem to have read the bible for themselves.

Luke 16:13 “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

The vast majority of people who go to churches like this have barely cracked their bible unless it was to a specific page and verse they were told to and then the pastor/priest spoon feeds them his/her interpretation.

Apr 27, 2012
This guy is a fake Christian, he is using the church to enrich himself. He knows nothing about Jesus or the Bible.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
How about they just start following their own bible? Mark 10:25 seems pretty unequivocal, or at least it should be for people who wear their love of the book on their sleeves.

No idea what a "real" christian is, but I don't think the celebrity and money worshipers care what traditional, more ethical followers think. Hence why it is still going on and why church attendance continues to plummet.

Bah, rich fuckers figured that out a while ago. Just have your servants blend up the entire camel and squirt it through the eye of the needle, problem solved.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Full disclosure, I estimated and PM'd the installation of the really nice looking, if I do say so myself, forest green metal roof on his church. I made a really nice bonus on that project too, funny how he didn't mind giving an atheist heathen like me a fat check so long as I made his church look all purdy. During the design stage I submitted a 50 year shingle roof that would have cost him about 1/4 because I thought they'd get sticker shock from the metal roof but naw, fuck the poor or whatever good he could have spent that money on, his shit needed to look good!

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Full disclosure, I estimated and PM'd the installation of the really nice looking, if I do say so myself, forest green metal roof on his church. I made a really nice bonus on that project too, funny how he didn't mind giving an atheist heathen like me a fat check so long as I made his church look all purdy. During the design stage I submitted a 50 year shingle roof that would have cost him about 1/4 because I thought they'd get sticker shock from the metal roof but naw, fuck the poor or whatever good he could have spent that money on, his shit needed to look good!

You a fellow Louisianan?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

wow, if only Fox News was this ethical about reporting on their conflicts of interest. :D

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
wow, if only Fox News was this ethical about reporting on their conflicts of interest. :D

There were some serious hotties around too but I just kept remembering something my father taught me, "you don't ever stick your dick in crazy". :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
There were some serious hotties around too but I just kept remembering something my father taught me, "you don't ever stick your dick in crazy". :D

Dude, church chicks are the best, but you're right: that isn't really church. It's a crazy farm.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I find it stunning anyone would send a single dime to "Creflo Dollar" so this asshole can buy a bigger, $65 million jet. Time for the IRS to close shop on these bloodsuckers.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I think about how many widows with children and poor sick people could be helped by these enormous sums of money and then I get a sick feeling inside. Jesus, the creator himself, lived poor working as a carpenter while teaching in the temple yet we have these narcissistic thieves disguised as preachers claiming to be his representatives...what a joke.

How can these organizations continue to be classified as churches receiving a tax free ride in the process? Jesus was born in a barn yet Jessie believes that he's worthy of a multi million dollar mansion. He keeps on twisting the word claiming that Jesus has mansions in heaven for his followers yet Jesus himself said that in his father's house are many rooms and that he would go there to prepare a place for us so that where he is we may be also. Time for people to read for themselves and stop listening to these fabrications for self aggrandizement and gratification.

Jesus gave a dissertation on the end time church which was a scathing preview for what we now have. Jessie is gonna look good with the mark of the beast on his forehead. I predict that most of the people filling the churches today will still be seated there when Jesus comes as a thief in the night for the Christians.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
He sounds like controlled opposition. Make people distrustful of the church so they bow to the almighty government. Since its also televised. That is the clincher to me.

Feb 16, 2005
these con artists belong in prison, not 35,000 sq foot mansions. I have nothing but contempt for them. I feel for those who fall for it, they're vulnerable, scared and they're looking for help.