Jersey Mikes MAY have saved my life today.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't like Jersey Mikes because when they make a sandwich, the take the lettuce, tomato and whatever else falls off the sandwich prior and puts it back into the bins. Being that I'm a vegetarian, I don't want meat pieces on my lettuce or any other meat pieces in my sandwich that has been in the prior sandwich. Nope, saw it once and will never go back. I prefer Subway because you can watch them make the sandwich right in front of you and nothing is hidden.
Heck, Subway puts so little meat on their non-veggie sandwiches that they're nearly vegetarian.
Quiznos was/is always worse, at least. :D
You know, there were a couple around me in Nebraska, but they were in locations that just weren't at all convenient to me, and nothing ever compelled me to go out of my way to try them. But worse than Subway? I might have to try one just to see, because your story is implausible.

There's a Quizno's two miles from my new place, and the italian is six bucks on Friday.
The die is cast.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I remember Quiznos as being decent but overpriced, but I haven't been in ~15 years. There's a couple good indie delis near me, so I usually go to them rather than chains. Wawa is an exception due to convenience.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Never seen that. At every location I've been to they have the same system, whatever falls off the sandwich while it is being made gets scraped into a discard bin behind the cutting board.

this, but if I saw that it would annoy me, too. I mean...it does because vile people behind me are always ordering that fucking mayo on everything, and what DOES annoy me about Jersey Mike's, at least the ones I go to, is that they start making everybody's sandwiches at once, so while you may have been waiting forever, some punk comes up and the sandwich dude stops working on yours, to start theirs so that they can put all the veggies on everyone's sandwiches at once...which means asshole is always wanting that giant mayo spatula going onto his sandwich, which has to move over my sandwich to get to to theirs, and then the red mist starts rising from my gut.

It's crazy, man!

Nov 8, 2012
I actually used to like Quiznos when they were getting big... They built a location near where I lived growing up around... 17 years ago or something....

Used to eat there a lot.. then a few years later for some reason it just started to not taste as good and we stopped going.

Last I heard people were getting the same results I was and they eventually closed out. Either way I only ate them for a few years and then full on stopped.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
they don't really though, and that's the problem, well one of the problems.

Their sandwiches never come out toasted, they were always super expensive for what they are/were, and every one I went to was a fricking health code violation. I hate that place, lol.
Well, I finally went and did it, I went to Quizno's on Friday.
The sub was toasted, and it was better than Subway. That's about as far as I'll take it. I may go back to see if their meatball sub is any good, but I dunno for sure.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Well, I finally went and did it, I went to Quizno's on Friday.
The sub was toasted, and it was better than Subway. That's about as far as I'll take it. I may go back to see if their meatball sub is any good, but I dunno for sure.

mmm mmm TOASTY

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Quiznos reminds me of the good ol' days of @RossMAN proselytizing the clam chowder with the 'polenta' roll

Nov 8, 2012
I do have to admit, their sammiches are rather expensive. $16 for their giant sub. Bought 2 and a couple bags of chips and its $40 takeout meal.

Just makes me think of the $5 footlong - while not the same thing - it's also 3x the price.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Most of them I've seen typically have a deal after 4PM where buying one giant gets you the second giant for half off. The giant is a big-ass sandwich though.