Jerry Stiller passed away, you probably knew him as Georges dad on Seinfeld.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In real life he was Ben Stillers dad.
Its spooky cuz I've been watching Seinfeld, (more like binging) and I was just yesterday wondering how old he was and what his health was like.

seinfeld-frank-costanza.jpg

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Cool family, and always enjoyed his work.

Oh and nice going Shorty, you triggered the wave function collapse. ;)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I despised Seinfeld, so, no, I didn't know him from that, but he's been around the industry for decades...so I knew who he was. He's also Ben Stiller's dad...and was married to Ann Meara since prehistoric days.
He was a WWII vet.

R.I.P.

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I despised Seinfeld

to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand seinfeld. the humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of stand-up comedy most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. there's also jerry's sarcastic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from norm macdonald, for instance. the fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about LIFE. as a consequence people who dislike seinfeld truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in frank costanza's existential catchphrase "SERENITY NOW", which itself is a cryptic reference to writer steve koren's life experiences. i'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as larry david's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. what fools... how I pity them. 😂 and yes by the way, i DO have a seinfeld tattoo. and no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only - and even they have to demonstrate that they're capable of quoting (almost) as many lines of an episode as me beforehand.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand seinfeld. the humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of stand-up comedy most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. there's also jerry's sarcastic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from norm macdonald, for instance. the fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about LIFE. as a consequence people who dislike seinfeld truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in frank costanza's existential catchphrase "SERENITY NOW", which itself is a cryptic reference to writer steve koren's life experiences. i'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as larry david's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. what fools... how I pity them. 😂 and yes by the way, i DO have a seinfeld tattoo. and no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only - and even they have to demonstrate that they're capable of quoting (almost) as many lines of an episode as me beforehand.

Yeah Seinfeld was really not all that high-brow but it was one of the funniest TV comedy's ever made in my opinion. Some of the episode premises certainly required a vivid imagination to say the least!

And on-topic RIP ... he WAS one funny man! :(

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018

They had episodes about EATING PUSSY. On prime time TV.

Elaine's snatch was poison. She ruined a guy's career.

Reactions: shortylickens

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand seinfeld.
Don't be so hard on Boomer. I mean, he's cute but, you know, a bit slow.

Yeah Seinfeld was really not all that high-brow...
Well, Manahan certainly found it . . . challenging.

But try not to come down on him too hard, at least in front of the other . . . residents. The look on his pudgy little face when he successfully turned on the TV in the activities room was priceless!

:p

Oh, and Peace Unto You, Mr. Stiller. You were and will remain a comedy icon!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Careful, dude...your brain injury is showing...