Jerry Sandusky sentenced to at least 30 years in prison

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
And he lashes out at the victims?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/jerry-sandusky-innocent_n_1950648.html?

A defiant Sandusky gave a rambling statement in which he denied the allegations and talked about his life in prison and the pain of being away from his family.

If it had been one person pointing the finger, maybe that someone had an axe to grind with Jerry.

But when there are multiple people and a clear history of abuse, how can anyone deny what happened?

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
As the saying goes; beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

what society considers to be wrong; he may not feel is wrong;

Just like different shades of gray or tolerance of pain.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Even without any statements from the victims, just listening to Jerry in the interviews and his rambling statement is enough to give you the creeps and have him locked away..... Glad he will likely never see the outside of the jail again.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
He should have already been in prison for 20 years by now.... but we can all rest in the knowledge his remaining years will be filled with random beat downs and constant humiliation from his cell mates.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Just think how long Penn State shielded the guy and allowed him to prey on young boys. 10 years? 20 years?

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think he's just nutty enough to truly believe he never did any of those things.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
There's tons of young men to rape in Prison. Atleast, if they tell on him this time, he won't be punished.

Unless of course one of the victims strike back and slide a blade into his Kidney.

Feb 10, 2000
As the saying goes; beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

what society considers to be wrong; he may not feel is wrong;

Just like different shades of gray or tolerance of pain.

It's common for pedophiles (virtually all of whom were molested as kids) to have a rather warped sense of whether their actions are harmful to victims. The sense I get is that Sandusky believes he did these kids a favor, not only by giving them game tickets and sneakers, but by giving them physical love, and he finds it hurtful and hard to understand why he is being attacked for it.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's got to be hard to end up with a sexuality which society disapproves of, especially one that carries heavy legal consequences if acted upon.

I haven't heard much about this case, in fact I could've sworn people said this guy had already died... but regardless, I just am thankful that I ended up with such an incredibly vanilla, boring sexuality fully endorsed by society. If I hadn't... would I have the strength to deny myself? Would any of us who now throw stones at him? Maybe, maybe not.

What's clear is that he knew society's feelings on this behavior... so I'm puzzled as to why he's puzzled. But, perhaps when your biology is screaming for something it can allow you to twist your mind to fit doing it.

I approve of him going to jail for 30 years based on what little I've heard about this case.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Good riddance.

He'll probably have to be in solitary as well... even better, because isolation can really be torturous for a lot of people.

MarkLuvsCS

Jun 13, 2004
Sick bastards like this all should be rounded up and stuffed in cells for life. They deserve no sympathies, and those that help them deserve the same.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
I'm frankly surprised that the powers that be have allowed Sandusky to live this long. After all, dead men tell no tales, and I bet Sandusky has got a lot of tales to tell about the child sex rings that operate in this country and how they might even stretch all the way to the halls of power in Washington D.C.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm frankly surprised that the powers that be have allowed Sandusky to live this long. After all, dead men tell no tales, and I bet Sandusky has got a lot of tales to tell about the child sex rings that operate in this country and how they might even stretch all the way to the halls of power in Washington D.C.

or, it could be, you know, that the trail doesn't extend as far as you want to think it does....explaining why he is still alive.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
He should have already been in prison for 20 years by now.... but we can all rest in the knowledge his remaining years will be filled with random beat downs and constant humiliation from his cell mates.

I would be very surprised if he isn't kept in protective custody.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Good. He deserves it. Now we must focus on all of those elites who protected him and covered up his actions. Everyone who had a hand in this needs to be sitting right beside Sandusky for the next 30 years. What's even sadder about this case is that many of the rapes could have been prevented had they done the right thing and outed him to the authorities.