Jeremy Allford of AGN3D.com

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I asked about him on here about a year ago and people thought he had passed away. It turns out he was still alive at the time. If you don't know him you can read a little bit about him and what happened to him in this old AnandTech review. I was curious and did a search of his name on Google. I found his sons blog which mentioned he passed away on June 5th of this year. It also had a link to a video he made here. A little past the middle are the pictures of him we remember from his hardware video reviews. I did a search on these forums and found nothing mentioning it. I'm sure there are still many people on here who came from the AGN3D forums a long time ago and remember his site. I just thought I'd share.

Jeremy was a part of many of us and our beginnings on the tech forums. Therefore, I'm keeping this one on top for a few days. RIP Jeremy Allford!
rose.gif

(most of us knew Jeremy was Ill, many of us did not know he had passed on, until now, hence the sticky)

AnandTech Senior Moderator
Compuwiz1

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
agn3d was the first forum i ever joined. i also did my first online trade there.
RIP
rose.gif

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HN
agn3d was the first forum i ever joined. i also did my first online trade there.
RIP
rose.gif

I think a lot of the original ATers started there.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RKS
RIP
rose.gif

I started with Operation 3Dfx, a site Jeremy created before AGN3D. That was even before AnandTech. Back in those days it was Billy Wicked Wilsons VooDoo Extreme and Jeremy Allfords Operation 3Dfx if you wanted cutting edge hardware and PC gaming news.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Howard
Whoah, I thought he passed away a long time ago.
Same here, we hadn't heard anything about him since 2004 so I had assumed he had passed away around then. I'm glad to see he in fact held on for a few more years.

RIP Jeremy Allford
rose.gif

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by: AdamK47
RIP
rose.gif

I started with Operation 3Dfx, a site Jeremy created before AGN3D. That was even before AnandTech. Back in those days it was Billy Wicked Wilsons VooDoo Extreme and Jeremy Allfords Operation 3Dfx if you wanted cutting edge hardware and PC gaming news.

Amen.
AGN and operation 3Dfx were my homepage.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AdamK47
Back in those days it was Billy Wicked Wilsons VooDoo Extreme and Jeremy Allfords Operation 3Dfx if you wanted cutting edge hardware and PC gaming news.

*sniff*
rose.gif

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
RIP
rose.gif

Yep I was one of them. I thought he was doing ok. I luv AT, but AGN had the best forum boards ever. Just was such a cool place to visit.

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for posting this, OP. I did a search when someone mentioned him a while back but couldn't find much. RIP Jeremy. :( I started out here but also did a fair amount of trading on the AGN3D board...

jorak

Oct 9, 1999
Wow, I'm more of a lurker, but that's where I started too. Those names sure bring back memories.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
That's a damn shame. It was a great site. I remember when I'd have questions on his reviews, he'd actually respond to the emails.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I'm hoping that Jeremy knew how much he and his site meant to all of us in those early days, when the internet started to bloom...

rip, J-man...

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
So sad. I actually though he had passed away a long time ago. After Jeremy left AGN3D, I used to keep up with him by visiting his family website..theallfords.com. After that site went down several years ago, I assumed Jeremy passed away. I'm amazed he lived for so long since I believe he was only given 6 months to live originally by doctors from what I remembered and that was back in 2000 I think. AGN3D was my favorite place for news thanks to Jeremy. RIP Jeremy Allford.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Wow man, back when I was in high school, I ran a hardware/news review site (around the time AnandTech was in its infancy and Tom's Hardware was the big one, IIRC). Jeremy was really helpful in getting me started, great guy and a class act, even though I never got to meet him in person. If his family's reading, my condolences, your loss is ours too.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: jorak
Wow, I'm more of a lurker, but that's where I started too. Those names sure bring back memories.

Same here, it's sort of eerie when you think about it. Seems like sooooooo long ago. :(

:brokenheart: