Jennie Finch pitches to reporter...result?

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Did you see the one with Barry Bonds? he wasn't swinging hard but he was getting to everything, his hands are ridiculously fast.
Oh and Jenny Finch is uber-hot.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
Did you see the one with Barry Bonds? he wasn't swinging hard but he was getting to everything, his hands are ridiculously fast.

I know almost nothing about baseball//softball, but this is the truth.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Why do girls play softball and not baseball? My fiancee and I had this discussion last night (she's bitter that she was forced out of coed baseball and into softball after a certain age). Softball has a bigger bat and ball than baseball, unlike other "girl version" sports (women's basketballs are smaller, for instance). I find throwing a softball much more difficult than throwing a baseball.

I don't understand why women's baseball doesn't exist.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
"So that's about ? "

"In baseball numbers, about high 90s, maybe low 100s from there."

An awkward silence, then Walker says quietly, "It's probably not going to be easy."
:laugh:

Duh!

"Meet me before the game," she says. "We have a swing-speed booth behind the right-center fence."

Young breaks into laughter when I arrive the next day.

"I'm not laughing at you," she says, before laughing at me again.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MrChad
I don't know, why doesn't men's softball exist?

It does if you count adult recreational leagues.

I mean serious competitive leages, not crappy leagues for execs to pretend they're playing a sport

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001

Is there an article on that? THat seems like an interetesing read. Also would be interested to see if Ichiro has gone up against her.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MrChad
I don't know, why doesn't men's softball exist?

It does if you count adult recreational leagues.

I mean serious competitive leages, not crappy leagues for execs to pretend they're playing a sport

Probably the stigma of it being a girls sport, to the point where the boys will just focus on baseball and when it comes to highschool / college they've already been drilled into teh baseball mentality that they're not interested in starting an official team.

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002

I saw that one. Bonds was just toying with her. He was getting to everything...wasn't hitting them or anything, just batting them down to the ground. She's got nothing on bonds

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh good article. actually had me laughing in a few spots!

I watched her pitch on TV man want to see her pitch in a live game.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Stojakapimp

I saw that one. Bonds was just toying with her. He was getting to everything...wasn't hitting them or anything, just batting them down to the ground. She's got nothing on bonds

well to be fair NONE of the pitchers in MLB can do it either.

While i detest bonds he is the BEST PURE hitter.To bad he had to resort to drugs to help.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy

While i detest bonds he is the BEST PURE hitter.To bad he had to resort to drugs to help.

To be extra fair, if MLB pitchers were standing as close as she is, no one would see anything :p

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I don't think pictures do her enough justice. In pictures I don't think she is that hot, but on TV or in person she has something super charming about her. Her smile is great and her attitude seems even better. For that, I think she is hot...and the fact that she can strike out all of these MLB players.

jonjonsanfru

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2001
The muscle and tendon structure are more conducive to the size of a softball for throwing. Girls DO actually throw like girls, its a different motion due to longer muscles... softballs accomodate this, ie ever try throwing a baseball underhand style like a softball pitcher? straight up in the air, physics man... or spend your whole life playing baseball then try to through a softball on the run in a slow pitch game... baseballs are suited to mens ability to flick their wrist. The smaller field is because women lack the hitting power that men achieve through the rotation of the hips. Yes 43ft is little league, they also play on 60ft bases... no lead offs. And to those that cry foul that women can play baseball... yes they can, just like the WNBA players can play baseketball... but not the same way NBA players do or at the same level.

Its all relative... so tired of the "i can do anything you can do better" bull... men and women are physically different, deal. Yes i'd get smoked by Jenny Finch, i only played up through HS and was a back up outfielder/pinch runner... but then again Women's competitive softball could be considered radically different from baseball, because each caters to the sex that plays it, strengths and weaknesses... also ever see competive softball players goto slow pitch? They can't handle the arc on the ball, relative sports... my 2c... Jenny Finch is damn good looking, and a wicked good athlete.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy

To be extra fair, if MLB pitchers were standing as close as she is, no one would see anything :p

heh

but then remember she pitches ~70mph and MLB pitch around ~100 (well some)