Jeffrey Epstein, millionaire pedophile and human trafficker arrested.

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Mar 11, 2004
No sane person believes Trump/Barr actually killed Epstein in jail. They just made it super easy and convenient for Epstein to kill himself.

Not personally, but I think someone did murder him. My thought at first was to agree with your second statement, but when Paul Holes (a detective that worked a bunch of California serial killer cases including being one of the ones responsible for catching the Golden State Killer) looked at the photos he almost immediately said its not consistent with suicide. I think he said it showed pretty clear strangulation marks.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Ghislaine Maxwell's 2016 deposition (that she fought hard to keep secret) has been revealed...with a few redactions (Bill Clinton's name, Prince Andrew's name...)

Also, Maxwell seems to have perjured herself.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Looking back at how Epstein got murdered in his cell, it like it got taken straight out of Putin's Playbook on how to deal with irritating problems that crop up in your life.

• Love
Reactions: Muse

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Ghislaine Maxwell's 2016 deposition (that she fought hard to keep secret) has been revealed...with a few redactions (Bill Clinton's name, Prince Andrew's name...)

Where did you come up with Clinton and Prince Andrew's names being redacted? The article you linked says this:

Several medical records included in the court filings will remain sealed, and the multiple anonymous women -- "Jane Does" who accused Epstein of abuse but have not publicly spoken out -- will continue to have their identities redacted in the documents, she said.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Looking back at how Epstein got murdered in his cell, it like it got taken straight out of Putin's Playbook on how to deal with irritating problems that crop up in your life.
I agree with you, I figure he was murdered and they papered over the evidence. Nobody would agree with me at the time, but I don't figure Ep for a suicide.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This guy Ep was really something. Seems to have been quite the genius, don't know the details. Very very rich with his own island, houses, a taste for young girls and rather gregarious and well connected with rich and powerful people. I figure knowing him, fraternizing with him, visiting his properties isn't necessarily an indictment for Clinton, even Trump, but I think I saw a photo that suggested Trump may have been involved with the young girls thing.

Edit: I just read some on Ep. His history and involvements in all manner of financial dealings is quite complex.

Last edited:
May 13, 2009
This guy Ep was really something. Seems to have been quite the genius, don't know the details. Very very rich with his own island, houses, a taste for young girls and rather gregarious and well connected with rich and powerful people. I figure knowing him, fraternizing with him, visiting his properties isn't necessarily an indictment for Clinton, even Trump, but I think I saw a photo that suggested Trump may have been involved with the young girls thing.
I think anyone known to be visiting the island had to be involved. Including Bill Gates and Bill Clinton. If Trump was on the island then throw him out with the rest of the bunch.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Sorry--I saw that from the Miami Herald reporter's tweet about the unsealing. I'd say she's reputable, as she's been following this story for like a decade:

Assuming that is true, and honestly, I have no idea how she knows the redacted names, Maxwell can't be accusing them of much, since she "repeatedly denies knowing any underage girls were even present with Jeffrey Epstein." Doesn't sound like there's going to be much of interest in the deposition. It will just be her repeatedly denying all of it.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I think anyone known to be visiting the island had to be involved. Including Bill Gates and Bill Clinton. If Trump was on the island then throw him out with the rest of the bunch.

For once you and I agree. Anyone that went to his island at least knew about it, and the fact that they knew that he was abusing teenagers did nothing about it puts them one really small step down from Epstein. This is one of those things we should burn it all down over. I don't care who it leads to. This is the time for torches and pitchforks.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
For once you and I agree. Anyone that went to his island at least knew about it, and the fact that they knew that he was abusing teenagers did nothing about it puts them one really small step down from Epstein. This is one of those things we should burn it all down over. I don't care who it leads to. This is the time for torches and pitchforks.

Good luck getting anyone convicted of anything for visiting an island. In order to make out a case for sexual abuse, you need an accuser. Prince Andrews and Alan Dershowitz have one accuser, by the name of Virginia Guiffre. So far no one has ever fingered either Clinton or Trump.

As to presuming what they knew because they went to an island, that dog won't hunt either legally or politically. No one really knows what a given person may have witnessed on a specific occasion when they went there.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Good luck getting anyone convicted of anything for visiting an island. In order to make out a case for sexual abuse, you need an accuser. Prince Andrews and Alan Dershowitz have one accuser, by the name of Virginia Guiffre. So far no one has ever fingered either Clinton or Trump.

Ummm. Trump has been accused of having underage sex in collaboration with Epstein.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Ummm. Trump has been accused of having underage sex in collaboration with Epstein.

Can you please supply me with the name of the accuser?

Edit: you're probably referring to this one:

Who is the one Trump accuser I've had a hard time believing.

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Can you please supply me with the name of the accuser?
Do I need to? There are accusations made in court that include Trump in accusations against Epstein.

Also there is plenty of evidence that Trump absolutely knew what was going on at Epsteins parties even if there's no evidence that he joined in.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

As to presuming what they knew because they went to an island, that dog won't hunt either legally or politically. No one really knows what a given person may have witnessed on a specific occasion when they went there.

I'm not talking about making a case. I'm talking about torches and pitchforks. When a justice system becomes so blatantly corrupt that we can't stop rich people from abusing children it is time to look to some of that good ol' Parisian justice.