Jeffrey Epstein Commits Suicide at Manhattan Jail

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I love how people throw around the word conspiracy as if it is some loony imaginative, paranoid idea.

The fact is, most of the things in your life are some sort of conspiracy, from the food you eat to the clothes you wear to the the interest rate you pay.

If I conspired with my wife to get a good price on a new car, is that a secret plan to do something harmful? Yes it is, to the wallet of the car salesman and lot owner. So what?

Stating it is a conspiracy is like stating grass is green, duh don't bother stating the obvious if true, nor try to pretend you have some deep insight about the fact that people generally conspire every single day they are in contact with other people.

excellent post/user name combo.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Almost nothing is more irritating than someone who capitalizes random words when they type because they incorrectly believe it seems more "proper." Why the fuck do people do it?
You didn't know who Jonathan Swift was, did you?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Almost nothing is more irritating than someone who capitalizes random words when they type because they incorrectly believe it seems more "proper." Why the fuck do people do it?

lol...grammar critique missed the point.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Damn reading through these comments y’all are willing to brush anything off in defense of Clinton as much as Trumpsters are in defense of him. Partisanship is an incredibly strong thing and is highly prevalent here.

it's simply arguing lack of evidence vs the preponderance of evidence.

nothing more, yet you've perverted into some sort of inarguable point that makes sense to you for reasons that you have always refused to share, much less defend.

Reactions: JSt0rm

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
So like, English is a Germanic language, and that style of capitalization is still common in German today, as it still often was in English 300 years ago when that was written.
It shouldn't be a "style" to select random words to capitalize with no rules, no rhyme, and no reason. I suppose people who do it don't recognize that actual proper / professional writing capitalizes proper nouns (names), so they assume the "style" is just to capitalize random words.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gawd.

Motive for suicide- being locked up in punk city, essentially solitary, for the rest of his life, living in fear of everybody around him.

Opportunity- understaffed jail gives him time to accomplish it.

Means- hanging himself, details to follow.
Yet somehow they managed to keep KSM alive despite under staffing. We all know this guy needed to be kept on 24x7 watch just like KSM.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
NY Post op ed laying out the truth at the state of journalism

https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/journos-debunker-mentality-rush-to-rip-conspiracy-talk/

Whatever happened to the old journalistic adage that “if your mother tells you she loves you, check it out”? These days, too many reporters imagine their primary role is to police public discourse about the news — rather than, well, reporting the facts.

Witness the mainstream media’s rush to tsk-tsk the deluge of social-media speculation in the aftermath of Jeffrey Epstein’s death in federal custody. Within hours of the story breaking, writers at mainstream outlets went patrolling the Internet for “conspiracy theories” to debunk, usually with that tone of superiority and self-satisfaction that so endears the blue-check Twitterati to the American public.
Conveniently leaving off Trump from the conspiracy train?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Conveniently leaving off Trump from the conspiracy train?

hah, well it is the NYPost. The bastion of journalistic integrity that @UglyCasanova is deeply concerned about.

It's just funny how Conservatives would attack the "MSM" for any rush to judgement that would not be considered proper journalism, yet now he's advocating for rushing to judgement. This is such a commonly reoccurring theme from right. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's like when I argue with my children, I'm not correct, no matter what.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If this is a homicide Trump and Clinton most likely suspects. Since Trump was first to launch conspiracy theory I'll use the following to judge

He who smelt it, dealt it.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
If this is a homicide Trump and Clinton most likely suspects. Since Trump was first to launch conspiracy theory I'll use the following to judge

He who smelt it, dealt it.
Plus the Federal jail system is part of his administration and Trump is their ultimate boss.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Maybe someone decided it was a good time to take out the competition. Anyone see the former Panzer Pope on Saturday?

Jan 25, 2011
Plus the Federal jail system is part of his administration and Trump is their ultimate boss.
And this jail is a bit of a joke when it comes to security. I mean shit when someone can use multiple cell phones from within the jail, one heavily encrypted, to leak CIA files from behind bars... We might be overestimating their level of security and competency.

https://www.courthousenews.com/feds-say-suspected-cia-wikileaker-spilled-new-files-from-prison/
One day after criminal charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange were mistakenly confirmed in a court filing, a newly public transcript reveals that the man suspected of providing the website with classified CIA files may have leaked additional information from federal prison.

Joshua Adam Schulte, believed to be behind the WikiLeaks “Vault 7” and “Vault 8” tranches, had multiple contraband cellphones – including at least one heavily encrypted device – recovered his cell inside New York’s Metropolitan Correctional Center searched in October. The FBI said it also found approximately 13 email and social media accounts and other electronic devices that he used to “communicate clandestinely with third parties outside of the MCC.”

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
It's highly laughable that some "people" here don't think Hillary Clinton is being blamed for the death of Epstein. I guess they are just not paying attention. It's all over the internet. Just join one of the Facebook pizzagate groups for the lulz and you will see the batshit on full display.

Hell, even one of Trumps aids is blaming Hillary:

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...omotes-Clinton-Conspiracy-Theory-14295259.php

Right along with her fucking boss. Tomorrow’s headlines and distractions will be about finding all evidence shredded except for anything with the words Bill or Hillary Clinton in them. And Trump will proclaim "the justice department will not rest until we find out which Clinton was responsible for this heinous crime!"

Whats the difference anyway. Bill/Hillary are one in the same to these nutjobs.

He hung himself while not being supervised by staff. Until evidence points to something else. That's all that happened!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Me? I’ve said over and over in this thread he’s on of the suspects.

Anybody named as a "suspect" at this point is the victim of slimy innuendo. There is no proof of foul play at all. Zero. Zip. Nothing, Nada. Nyet.