Jeez, what Bluetooth phones are even available in USA?

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Looked around, havent found diddly excpet the Ericson T608 on the PCS plan.... What else is there?

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Nokia makes several. The 36XX series, the 6820, and the N-Gage all have bluetooth IIRC. Sony Ericsson has some as well, the T6XX as mentioned above plus the T62U. There's also the Siemens S56.

Looks like you have Sprint, though, so the T608 is the only option right now AFAIK.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I have a Nokia 3650 and it rocks! It's got a huge screen, can be used as a BT modem, has a built in video/still camera, takes MMC memory cards, and plays wav and midi files for ring tones. It's a little large and some people don't like the circular keypad layout, but it's one of the best gadgets I've ever owned.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i have software for the nokia 3650 and Ngage if anybody needs it. PM me :)

-=bmacd=-

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: BigSmooth

Looks like you have Sprint, though, so the T608 is the only option right now AFAIK.

It may have been pulled already due to reliability problems. No wonder it was never really released. When it was available, it was available only through telesales.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: NutBucket

It may have been pulled already due to reliability problems. No wonder it was never really released. When it was available, it was available only through telesales.
It was the first CDMA bluetooth phone in the U.S., correct? Not surprising that they had issues with it.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: NutBucket

It was the first CDMA bluetooth phone in the U.S., correct? Not surprising that they had issues with it.

Yeah, but the GSM versions of the T608 were far better. The menus are dirt slow and the phone just didn't work very well. In any case, SE got out of the CDMA market anyway. Supposedly one of the new Nokias coming out soon will have BT.