Jeez o' Pete, why do the Democrats need to meddle into everything. Keep your nanny state away from me.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
My wife won't allow rated R movies in the home and she's a democrat. I think you are on to something here... Tipper Gore had a penchant to outlaw RAP and video games.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: flavio
Originally posted by: drewshin
wow dont you have anything better to do than to find every little bill sponsored by a democrat all over the nation that seems a little odd?

i thought republicans were all for banning the games that would show violence against police officers, washington's senate is pretty evenly divided between democrats and republicans and it overwhelmingly passed, yet you chose to focus on the fact that it was prposed by a democrat. LOL

and it was republicans that "convinced" walmart to take maxim and fhm off its shelves, and cover up cosmo. LOL

republicans are always the ones trying to intrude into our private lives, and setting their "moral" standards.

also, how is a 1% tax on junk food "nannyism"? it sounds just like a cigarette type of tax to me.

Between the Patriot Act, Ashcroft, and the Religious Right...you got to wonder how CPA only sees democrats trying to be his nanny.

Amazing.

Again, none of these too any rights from me. None.

What's that old saying...?

At first they came for the cripples. I did not speak out, for I was not crippled.

Then they came for the Jews. I did not speak out, for I was not Jewish.

Then they came for the Pols. I did not speak out, for I was not Polish.

Then they came for me...and there was nobody left to speak out.

Just because it doesn't directly affect you doesn't mean you shouldn't be pissed about it.

calbear2000

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: drewshin
wow dont you have anything better to do than to find every little bill sponsored by a democrat all over the nation that seems a little odd?

i thought republicans were all for banning the games that would show violence against police officers, washington's senate is pretty evenly divided between democrats and republicans and it overwhelmingly passed, yet you chose to focus on the fact that it was prposed by a democrat. LOL

and it was republicans that "convinced" walmart to take maxim and fhm off its shelves, and cover up cosmo. LOL

republicans are always the ones trying to intrude into our private lives, and setting their "moral" standards.

also, how is a 1% tax on junk food "nannyism"? it sounds just like a cigarette type of tax to me.

Between the Patriot Act, Ashcroft, and the Religious Right...you got to wonder how CPA only sees democrats trying to be his nanny.

Amazing.

Again, none of these too any rights from me. None.

Sure they do.

....and the links you posted affect you because you're a plastic gun collector addicted to McDonalds who's too young to buy GTA3?

LOL.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
CPA: And when they do, I'll be the first to criticize it, well actually Moonbeam will probably be the first, but I'll be right behind him.
------------------------------
I was afraid of that. I'd better get a butt plug.

--------------------------

Alistar: the dems do seem rather lost right now......
------------------------------------
I agree but would add that the Republicans are lost too....

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno

What's that old saying...?

At first they came for the cripples. I did not speak out, for I was not crippled.

Then they came for the Jews. I did not speak out, for I was not Jewish.

Then they came for the Pols. I did not speak out, for I was not Polish.

Then they came for me...and there was nobody left to speak out.

Just because it doesn't directly affect you doesn't mean you shouldn't be pissed about it.
When Dick came for Randy at Ruby Ridge, I was too preoccupied to care.

Then Janet came for David in Waco. Yet who really cared?

Then Timmy killed in Oklahoma City because Janet came for David in Waco. But before then, why didn't someone really care?

<edit>accused Janet of something she didn't do</edit>