Jeez o' Pete, why do the Democrats need to meddle into everything. Keep your nanny state away from me.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Why do the Democrats feel they take all responsibility away from people and place it on the government? This is getting ridiculous. Is this all they have to complain about and spend valuable time and resources for? Is this all the Dems have? Maybe, these are also reasons why the Dems are winning fewer and fewer governmental seats in local, state and federal offices.

And yes, two of these have already been posted, but they are part of a pattern, a pattern of nannyism.

Ban guns now! plastic toy guns, that is. Give me a break!

Can't muster up enough willpower to stop eating MickeyDs everyday. That's ok, we'll help you stop.

GTAIII is eeeevvvviiiiiiiilllllll, I tell ya. It will make you do bad things.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pales in comparison to the rights being taken away by Ashcroft and the republicans.

But if you'd like to ignore that and just blame the democrats for your troubles then who am I to remove your blindfold.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: flavio
Pales in comparison to the rights being taken away by Ashcroft and the republicans.

But if you'd like to ignore that and just blame the democrats for your troubles then who am I to remove your blindfold.

Ashcroft, nor the Rublicans have taken away any of my rights.

Yet.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CPA

Yet.

They are trying real hard to. They certainly have redefined rights to their own convienence.

Ummm... perhaps both the Dems and Reps can make stupid legislation? Na.. can't be. That would remove some grounds for contention, and we make contention FUN!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Yet.

Your neighbor has'nt put a call into the FBI. Yet.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I will tell you how I just got out of a mess with the goverment. I got into a verbal battle here with a noncom service person and not only did he go on a tirade he somehow complained to his superiors about me being unamerican and eventually led to a visit to by the FBI. I got it straightend out but if I had been of recent foriegn decent I am afraid that it would have turned out different.
The moral of this story is that the goverment is so paranoid about anti americanism that we are all being regarded as guilty until we prove ourself innocent. I wonder what is going to happen to the guy that caused me the problem.

Bleep

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
"Anything that can be done to deglamorize guns is a plus," said Annapolis Mayor Ellen O. Moyer, Democrat.

someone please slap this bitch for me. thanks in advance.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider

Yet.

They are trying real hard to. They certainly have redefined rights to their own convienence.

Ummm... perhaps both the Dems and Reps can make stupid legislation? Na.. can't be. That would remove some grounds for contention, and we make contention FUN!

And when they do, I'll be the first to criticize it, well actually Moonbeam will probably be the first, but I'll be right behind him.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
wow dont you have anything better to do than to find every little bill sponsored by a democrat all over the nation that seems a little odd?

i thought republicans were all for banning the games that would show violence against police officers, washington's senate is pretty evenly divided between democrats and republicans and it overwhelmingly passed, yet you chose to focus on the fact that it was prposed by a democrat. LOL

and it was republicans that "convinced" walmart to take maxim and fhm off its shelves, and cover up cosmo. LOL

republicans are always the ones trying to intrude into our private lives, and setting their "moral" standards.

also, how is a 1% tax on junk food "nannyism"? it sounds just like a cigarette type of tax to me.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: drewshin
wow dont you have anything better to do than to find every little bill sponsored by a democrat all over the nation that seems a little odd?

i thought republicans were all for banning the games that would show violence against police officers, washington's senate is pretty evenly divided between democrats and republicans and it overwhelmingly passed, yet you chose to focus on the fact that it was prposed by a democrat. LOL

and it was republicans that "convinced" walmart to take maxim and fhm off its shelves, and cover up cosmo. LOL

republicans are always the ones trying to intrude into our private lives, and setting their "moral" standards.

also, how is a 1% tax on junk food "nannyism"? it sounds just like a cigarette type of tax to me.

Between the Patriot Act, Ashcroft, and the Religious Right...you got to wonder how CPA only sees democrats trying to be his nanny.

Amazing.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Like I said, the first two were already posted, the other I read in my current issue of Computer Gaming World. There was a common thread between them and I posted it.

And there is a big difference between what is going on here and your allegation that Republicans "convinced" walmart to take certain magazines off the shelves - the Republicans don't go as far as passing laws to do it.

Also, where do you see any Republicans wanting to ban video games? Keep in mind it was a Dem in this instance, Dems who pushed the rating systems on music and games and a Dem who pushed the v-chip. If there is any party that has shown a tendency to want to ban things, it would be the democrats.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Between the Patriot Act, Ashcroft, and the Religious Right...you got to wonder how CPA only sees democrats trying to be his nanny.

Amazing.

Again, none of these too any rights from me. None.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

What is next?
High-heel shoe tax? :p They have been shown to cause foot and ankle problems - so they should be taxed higher than "good" shoes.
How about - recliner taxes - recliners and other chairs that promote a slouching position should be taxed too since they are a cause of back injuries - only straight back chairs with proper support will be taxed "normally"

rolleye.gif

I wish we could tax stupidity - we would be running a trillion or two dollar surplus and would pay off the "national debt" in a couple of years. :p But alas - then all the stupid people would be poor and then suck off the gov't ;)

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Amazing.

Sure they do.

....and the links you posted affect you because you're a plastic gun collector addicted to McDonalds who's too young to buy GTA3?

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999

Sure they do.

....and the links you posted affect you because you're a plastic gun collector addicted to McDonalds who's too young to buy GTA3?[/quote]

LOL, great reply.

CPA = 0wn3d

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Sure they do.

....and the links you posted affect you because you're a plastic gun collector addicted to McDonalds who's too young to buy GTA3?

LOL, great reply.

CPA = 0wn3d[/quote]

Buahaha - that is too lame of an attemt to be considered "0wn3d" :p

I don't like Asscroft any more than the next guy but this topic was about toy-gun grabbers, "fat-taxes", and vid game banners, not about Asscroft and his civil liberty stompage. As you folks like to say "do 2 wrongs make a right?" There are tons of threads about Asscroft and his nutball policies take your spew there :D

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Sure they do.

LOL, great reply.

CPA = 0wn3d

I don't like Asscroft any more than the next guy but this topic was about toy-gun grabbers, "fat-taxes", and vid game banners, not about Asscroft and his civil liberty stompage. As you folks like to say "do 2 wrongs make a right?" There are tons of threads about Asscroft and his nutball policies take your spew there :D

CkG[/quote]

This thread was attempting to be about democrats and only democrats trying to be "nannies".

...until it was pointed out that republicans are just as bad and probably worse.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Sure they do.

LOL, great reply.

CPA = 0wn3d

CkG

This thread was attempting to be about democrats and only democrats trying to be "nannies".

...until it was pointed out that republicans are just as bad and probably worse.[/quote]

"so two wrongs make a right?" ;)

But yes - the three things pointed out ARE nanny-state items and all come from Dems. He over-generalized just as you people do on other issues.;)

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

I'll try again here...

The point is not "two wrongs make a right". Just pointing out the fallacy of blaming all nanny-state legislation on democrats when republicans are worse.

;)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

Amazing.

yes, considering the religious right is our version of the crazed mulahs in the middle east, cpa should be scared:p hell everyone should be.

i for one like to be free of religious indoctrination, free from god in government, freedom for women to control their body, free from having my tax money go to religious schools, having MY tax money being funneled to churches by bush-lite.
behind any backwards law, u can see the religious right. u don't think they don't like gta3? lol:p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I'll try again here...

The point is not "two wrongs make a right". Just pointing out the fallacy of blaming all nanny-state legislation on democrats when republicans are worse.

;)

I'll say it again - BOTH sides have wackos;) BOTH are equally as bad, but in these instances(this thread topic) it is your side that is showing nannism. ;)

CkG