Jeeebus pwn3d AGAIN by Nature - UPDATE

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
God, consider me smote. Whoever has the Jeeebus voodoo doll, I give up, you freakin win. As you may remember, just two weeks ago, my car was crushed by a falling tree limb

Well, apparently the car wasn't enough of a message. Rather, it was decided that the joke must continue, and so yesterday as my wife is sitting in the family room, she looks out the window to see an entire 100+ft tree being uprooted and fall toward her. And thus is the end of my family room.

Jesus

For the love of...

oh come on!

rawr

UPDATE 10/21/08

Four months later, Jeeebus may once again sit on a couch and try to push from his memory the thought of trees through his house... for now.

On Friday, the new tv was installed, we got the couches back in to the room, and for the first time in four months, I had a family room again! mmmmm.... HD football.

hmm, I guess this looks a little better than a tree through the room

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
The trees, they hate you.

You need to provide a sacrifice to appease their hunger.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Yea thats why we cut a couple trees near our house. One was old and misshaped and the other was a maple with rot in teh center of it.

Also whom ever does the repairs make sure they don;t do a patch job. Pull all the cieling down in that room and check the other supports. And then redo the drywall/lights/etc...

Same with the roof. Pull off the area well beyond the damage you can see. You mgith have splits/pulls below the shingles that can't been seen. that way you cabn have new plywood put on to make sure you don;t have more problems 6months to a year from now.

Good luck.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Anubis
did the TV make it?

R.I.P.

soaked and has a big gash running down the middle of the screen. bye bye Pioneer 50" plasma. I knew ye well.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
:music:"There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees...":music:

ZV

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Damn!

Didn't I photoshop a TV onto your wall at one point? That room looks awfully familiar :p

edit: Haha! You rearranged!

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: rivan
Damn!

Didn't I photoshop a TV onto your wall at one point? That room looks awfully familiar :p

edit: Haha! You rearranged!

awesome lol! that was the arrangement of the previous owners.

we're in Northern VA (Fairfax)

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Good thing your walls are brick. I would imagine in a stick frame house the tree would have hit the floor and not just poked through the roof.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: TheKub
Good thing your walls are brick. I would imagine in a stick frame house the tree would have hit the floor and not just poked through the roof.

ya, a stick frame house and I'm sure the tree would have hit the floor. As it is, it cracked the brick on the far wall from ceiling to floor.