Jeebus!!! Secretary of State Powell should Resign!!!!! He is considering running to the irrelevant UN for help in Iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: sandorski
The UN should drag it's feet. Bush, as well as many others, seem to believe that the US can go anywhere at anytime with ease, Iraq is a wake-up-call. Wait until people wake up to reality.
many thought that 9/11 would be a wakeup call, didnt happen though

Yup, seems like falling deeper into sleep was the reaction. :(

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: sandorski
The UN should drag it's feet. Bush, as well as many others, seem to believe that the US can go anywhere at anytime with ease, Iraq is a wake-up-call. Wait until people wake up to reality.
many thought that 9/11 would be a wakeup call, didnt happen though

I am not sure how you mean this, Czar. It sure woke up enough people and scared them so badly that they practically demanded the Iraqi war. It was all about fear and revenge. It didn't matter if it was directed at the wrong people. Someone needed to pay, and by god someone did.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: JellyBaby
Lunar, dissenters aren't allowed in the New American Century, not even Americans?

I don't know about what Powell stands for... really. But, like Nixon with Kissinger and the undermining of State while he was Security Adviser... It seems they get someone the Senate will confirm and use their own non Senate approved folks to implement foreign policy. Again.. I've only questions... about what I see which is little... so I've but little questions... big to me, but little to the big picture...

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
As soon as Bush leaves and his cronies are all replaced, this whole thing is going to be in the lap of the UN and they will have a greater role in the reconstruction.

The only reason the bush admin doesn't want the UN involved is because we want to control the oil revenues and hand the country's rebuilding contracts to our own firms, i.e. haliburton. The UN isn't going to support a one sided arrangement with the US to send peacekeepers tho.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
From the Washingtonpost

Bunch of euro-faries and third world cry babies. I though we were past this.

Why dont you just nuke us all, then finally you will be happy, only US left and you can bomb any place u want. No stupid discussions, talking is for loosers anyway - no complaints. Just one bad point though, since only the US is left, you can hardly keep up the Überrace attitude, oh well maybe there might be some roaches left and u can battle it out with them. May the true Übernation prevail

btw, are you Alistar in disguise?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: jjsole
As soon as Bush leaves and his cronies are all replaced, this whole thing is going to be in the lap of the UN and they will have a greater role in the reconstruction.

The only reason the bush admin doesn't want the UN involved is because we want to control the oil revenues and hand the country's rebuilding contracts to our own firms, i.e. haliburton. The UN isn't going to support a one sided arrangement with the US to send peacekeepers tho.

I saw some Resolution or other that outlined the procedure for the oil revenue... I think it was sorted out till 6 months later.. it was posted here and I think was 1483..

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Why dont you just nuke us all, then finally you will be happy, only US left and you can bomb any place u want. No stupid discussions, talking is for loosers anyway - no complaints. Just one bad point though, since only the US is left, you can hardly keep up the Überrace attitude, oh well maybe there might be some roaches left and u can battle it out with them. May the true Übernation prevail

btw, are you Alistar in disguise?

B00ne

No, he is a liberal in disguise (ecg a good guy) ;).
He always post this stuff with so much sarcasm that my detector is going off scale

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
oh sry, he sounded just like Alistar - when he was still here and Bush had more friends

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: B00ne
oh sry, he sounded just like Alistar - when he was still here and Bush had more friends

Ali is still here at AT, just not here in this category.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
It is time for Powell to jump ship before GWB askes him to take the blame for Bush's foreign policy messes.