Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Academy

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I recently tried playing the original Jedi Knight. I’d tried it once briefly in the past but was put off by the bad graphics. I ignored them this time around but still had to stop as I found the level design boring and the combat to be stiff, and I just wasn’t having fun.

My favorite (Jedi Knight 2) OTOH holds up incredibly well. Gameplay is smooth, level design is excellent, and the textures are pretty crisp. Also usually characters start showing their age first, but these guys still look really good 15 years later:

JK2-1.jpg
JK2-2.jpg

Jedi Academy isn’t as good but it’s still enjoyable. I think its mission style makes the game feel less focused, but dual light sabers enhance the combat nicely.

UglyDuckling

May 6, 2015
Got them all on the OG XBOX.. and before anyone says anything, my OG XBOX is a masterpiece modded to perfection.

Awesome games were made in this era with Star Wars as their title... Republic Commando, KOTOR... list goes on!

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I would have been all over Jedi Knight if I had had the cabbage for a gaming PC in the 90's. Those suckers ran three grand in 90's money. I did play academy a bit, but lost interest.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
You can get the Jedi Knight bundle on Steam right now for $4.99 also - FYI.

Includes:
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight Dark Forces II
Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Syth
Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I loved that series. I do remember being disappointed when they released Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight as I really loved the idea of having a Star Wars IP that wasn't tied to the Jedi. They were still fun games though.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Jedi Outcast was enjoyable though the lightsabre combat sucked: Force speed, job done.

Jedi Academy's plot was even less original but the lightsabre combat was improved. I also thought it was more realistic that the player couldn't deflect literally every shot whereas in Outcast one could. In Outcast you could just stand there against a tonne of stormtroopers and shout "stop shooting yourselves!" repeatedly until they all fell over.

imported_bman

Jul 29, 2007
I surprised that you did not like the level design of Jedi Knight. I would say it and MotS have the best levels of the series. Outside of Cloud City I thought Jedi Outcast was pretty disappointing when it came to level design.