Jeb Bush's Great Idea - More Military Spending

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
If you want to support Obama and his war, that's your decision.

Nonetheless, if you want to say that Commander-in-chief Obama isn't responsible for the deaths of the people that he has sent to his war, then I think that that is disingenuous.
Obama's failed surge attempt in Afghanistan cost many, many lives.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Obama is personally responsible for the deaths of American soldiers,.. yet, still no credit can be given to him on the assassination of Osama Bin Laden.

:hmm:

So, just similar to everything else; no praise on things that occur on the battlefield if they are good. But, tons of blame on things that occur on the battlefield that are bad.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So, just similar to everything else; no praise on things that occur on the battlefield if they are good. But, tons of blame on things that occur on the battlefield that are bad.
Which puts Obama in the exact same camp as all of his predecessors. The public gives their President no quarter. The President gets blamed for everything. It's one of many constants in politics. Here we are six years into his reign and his ardent supporters still expect things to be different with this President. There is absolutely no reason to expect this to have changed.

It's very tiresome. It's way past time for them to grow up.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Which puts Obama in the exact same camp as all of his predecessors. The public gives their President no quarter. The President gets blamed for everything. It's one of many constants in politics. Here we are six years into his reign and his ardent supporters still expect things to be different with this President. There is absolutely no reason to expect this to have changed.

It's very tiresome. It's way past time for them to grow up.

I am very happy with Obama. I wouldn't mind seeing him in office for another term. Whoever replaces him is going to be much worse.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
If you want to support Obama and his war, that's your decision.

Nonetheless, if you want to say that Commander-in-chief Obama isn't responsible for the deaths of the people that he has sent to his war, then I think that that is disingenuous.

Uno

Which war is that, again? Obama invaded which country?