Jean shorts = not cool :(

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
BTW, this is the typical current style of shorts for men that I see (at least men in the RTP area outside of the trailer park):
http://www.ae.com/web/browse/c...de.jsp?catId=cat380147
What kind of self respecting Brother would wear those shorts and think they are cool..well besides you:laugh:

Do they go well with your Crocs?

I have to admit I prefer those Cargo Shorts over Denim shorts

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I have two pair of jean shorts that I wear regularly and I'm not throwing them away because some people think they're uncool.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Unless you're at the beach, on a boat, or playing a sport shorts just aren't a good option, regardless of the material. I haven't worn shorts in years.

ZV

Why would you CHOOSE to wear pants when it's hot out? :confused:

you're talking to a guy in the pac nw

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Triumph
I don't have a single pair of jeans shorts, but I guess its very telling that I too did not know that they were that uncool? They don't look that bad to me. Then again, I went to high school in the 90's, so I love everything 90's.

You know all those old people that we laugh at for wearing plaid pants hiked up to their armpits? Well that was the style when they were young and hip. That means that when we're 70 and 80, we'll be wearing jeans shorts, Airwalks, baseball caps, and Big Johnson t-shirts. And all of the kids are going to laugh at us.

Apart from the baseball cap, if you wear any of these, the kids are probably already laughing at you, no need to wait until you're 80 for that. As a side note, were Big Johnson t-shirts ever actually fashionable?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I have not seen a pair of jean shorts on a dude in a long time. Maybe back in grade school...grade 6 to be more exact.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
When I think of Jean shorts I think of either a Camaro driving mullethead or gangsta rap listening thug who wears carpenter jean shorts.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Fritzo

Then, on the radio, I hear the Bud Light commercial "Here's to you Mr. Jean Shorts Wearer" (we'll call them "Jorts").

:beer:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Steve
I think Daisy Dukes can be perfectly acceptable: Text

:Q I did a quick googling of Daisy Dukes, thinking I'd find some other pics worthy of posting...:Q
What I found was not only NSFW, but NSFH either...If my wife would have seen the results...:eek:

BZeto

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2002
Originally posted by: QueBert
jean shorts are out of fashion to whom exactly? Glad I live in an urban area where it's the exact opposite. I think the fact clothing lines like Sean Jean, Ecko & Rocawear all have jean shorts that cost between $70-200 a pair they're not out of style. They might be a fashion no-no to people who wear uber expensive Italian fashion. But I own about 20 pairs of jean shorts all bought withing the past 24 months. Rednecks wear cut-offs, I don't think those were ever in style.

Agree.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Then, on the radio, I hear the Bud Light commercial "Here's to you Mr. Jean Shorts Wearer" (we'll call them "Jorts").

haha! best burn ever. Well played, sir. Sounds like you had a good day.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: child of wonder
I have to echo the sentiment that I don't give half a rat's ass what "popular" culture thinks I should and should not wear.

And if anyone ever comments about my shorts, I'll ask them what I ever did to make them think I give a shit about their opinion so I can stop.

Besides, fashion is just the regurgitation of trends from years past over and over again.

In another 10 years jean shorts will be all the rage and everyone will hate khaki shorts.

Way to rationalize your way to being cool. :thumbsup:

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: LtPage1
I have to echo the sentiment that I don't give half a rat's ass what "popular" culture thinks I should and should not wear.

And if anyone ever comments about my shorts, I'll ask them what I ever did to make them think I give a shit about their opinion so I can stop.

Besides, fashion is just the regurgitation of trends from years past over and over again.

In another 10 years jean shorts will be all the rage and everyone will hate khaki shorts.

I'm sure he's proud of his cell phone belt clip and his braided leather belt as well...can't leave the house without wearing the trifecta, you know

"sportin' the Jort" is his mantra

I bet he walks around with his thumbs in his belt hoops too

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: LtPage1

I'm sure he's proud of his cell phone belt clip and his braided leather belt as well...can't leave the house without wearing the trifecta, you know

"sportin' the Jort" is his mantra

I bet he walks around with his thumbs in his belt hoops too

Since I'm not afraid of other people's opinions, I have the freedom to wear whatever I want.

Fashion is for people who can't figure out how to dress themselves.

Keep wearing whatever the media tells you to.

Good little consumer. *pats your head*