• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

JBL 2.1 Bar Audio Delay Issue

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I recently purchased a JBL 2.1 Bar soundbar. The issue I'm having with it is that there is a about a 1 second delay before there is sound with the optical connection and about a 4 second delay before this is sound with the AUX connection. When connected through optical from my TV, while navigating through the Apple TV's interface, if I stop navigating for about 3 seconds, the audio signal will go away so when I start navigating again, it will take about 1 second to get sound from the soundbar, meaning I lose the first second of sound. With the AUX connection, if I stop navigating for about 5 seconds, the audio signal will go away so when I start navigating again, it will take about 4 seconds to get sound from the soundbar, meaning I lose the first 4 seconds of sound. Even when I test the soundbar with my PC, I can replicate the same sound delay issue in the sound configuration setup in Windows 10. My Apple TV and PC are connected to my TV through HDMI and the TV outputs the sound to the sound bar through optical. I also tried AUX from the TV to the soundbar. Is there a secret button sequence that I need to use to get rid of this audio delay so that the audio signal does not get dropped?

alkhimey

Jul 25, 2020
I have Apple TV 4K connected through Bluetooth and I am experiencing this issue as well. I also did a test with a PC and got the same results.

ASK THE COMMUNITY