Jason Bourne

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I personally put it in "wait for video release" category. If I go to theater, I will not go with high expectation. btw, is it based on one of Robert Ludlum's book?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I recently picked up "The Bourne Identity, and "The Bourne Ultimatum" in paperback. I'm used to movies not always being exactly true to the original book story...but WTF? About the only part of the movie that followed the book was the name of the main character...

Away

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I personally put it in "wait for video release" category. If I go to theater, I will not go with high expectation. btw, is it based on one of Robert Ludlum's book?

Ludlum only wrote the original three before he passed away and the films were quite different anyway. Eric Van Lustbader has written ten novels since then, including the Bourne Legacy, although the film was quite different from that as well. I know they got Paul Greengrass back who directed Supremacy and Ultimatum though.

gorb

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2011
I recently picked up "The Bourne Identity, and "The Bourne Ultimatum" in paperback. I'm used to movies not always being exactly true to the original book story...but WTF? About the only part of the movie that followed the book was the name of the main character...

Yeah, the movies are nothing like the books. I still enjoy them, however :D

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

I once read this great book called battlefield earth.

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Really enjoyed the first three.
Did not like the last one ... so ... I'll wait and see.
Didn't see ID2 either. I'll wait until my town library has it.

TBW, John. Why did you get a sex change? Do we call you Joni now? (Avatar)

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I loved the first and the third movie. Shaky cam was too much in the 2nd.
Hopefully Matt Damon Jason Bourne's any cameraman with a shaky hand.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I loved the first and the third movie. Shaky cam was too much in the 2nd.
Hopefully Matt Damon Jason Bourne's any cameraman with a shaky hand.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's not the choice of the person running the camera, it's the choice of the director to tell him to shoot the scene in a manner he wants.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I enjoyed the original Bourne trilogy, but I'm not really sold on this movie. The problem for me is the trailer... it really gives off an A Good Day to Die Hard vibe where the movie has a heavy focus on soulless, "high-octane" action. I hope I'm wrong. :\

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I totally threw up in the theater when the first Bourne movie came out.
acvO2vI.jpg

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

Haha. Yeah I read the original trilogy back in the late 80s - early 90s, watched the original TV movie (Richard Chamberlain, Jaclyn Smith) and became a huge fan of the series. I was so excited when I heard that they're going to make a new movie of it with Matt Damon, until the movie came out and I was completely pissed. The cat and mouse game between Bourne and Carlos is the essence of the stories in the books, and this movie doesn't even have Carlos. W T F!

I have since able to 'forget' in my mind that the new movie series have anything to do whatsoever with the books, and enjoy them as they are, excellent action movies with a main character who just happen to be called Jason Bourne.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Really enjoyed the first three.
Did not like the last one ... so ... I'll wait and see.
Didn't see ID2 either. I'll wait until my town library has it.

TBW, John. Why did you get a sex change? Do we call you Joni now? (Avatar)

You fail to read sigs or what?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm probably watching it in the theaters.

I watched the first 3 in at the movies and they are 3 - 0 in terms of giving me my money's worth.

So I'll buy the 4th installment with Matt Damon directed by Paul Greengrass in a Bourne movie

_________