Japan to Demand Handover of United States Marine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Ultraquiet- You made an unprovoked personal attack against me. That is strictly against the rules.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Wag
Ultraquiet- You made an unprovoked personal attack against me. That is strictly against the rules.

The first attack was yours. I will not let it pass when members of the armed forces are called "bums" and "criminals". It is a personal attack on me and those on active duty with me. Also, not that I really give a sh!t, if you're going to quote forum rules, I suggest you read and follow rule #2.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
You never asked me to clarify my statement before you made your personal attack. If you did I would have, now forget it.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
You never asked me to clarify my statement before you made your personal attack. If you did I would have, now forget it.

Translation: I think I saw it on TV or something.............
rolleye.gif

Here's your ball, now go home.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

The first attack was yours. I will not let it pass when members of the armed forces are called "bums" and "criminals". It is a personal attack on me and those on active duty with me. Also, not that I really give a sh!t, if you're going to quote forum rules, I suggest you read and follow rule #2.

Wag. Piss off. This is not a personal attack. I just think that as a damn hippy you could be more polite about and towards the members of our armed services. I have not joined up, and so I even more than some people, have a sense of gratitude that they willingly put their lives on the line for me and my family. From your speech, I take it that you haven't invested your time their either. Until you decide you're willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for your country, stow it. Considering how many people on this forum are either in the military, or have family in the military, or for that matter have lost friends or family in combat, what you and the poster above you were saying is in very poor taste.
-Tal

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
this is getting to be old news, tired of hearing about our servicemen raping women over there. Can't the Japs go back into China and steal a few hundred thousand more woman to use as sex slaves? We could buy them from them, maybe help out their economy a little, just a thought.....

You're my hero.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Phuz
this is getting to be old news, tired of hearing about our servicemen raping women over there. Can't the Japs go back into China and steal a few hundred thousand more woman to use as sex slaves? We could buy them from them, maybe help out their economy a little, just a thought.....

You're my hero.

You're Canadian or you'd be mine.

KenGr

Aug 22, 2002
More like criminals- not much of a surprise since so many of them are given the option of prison or the military.

Well, this thread has gone so wrong it would probably be kinder to let it die, but this is so wrong it needs to be answered.

We have an all volunteer military. The nature of the US military today is such that they can't afford to take high risk recruits. A criminal record will generally disqualify an applicant as will failure to graduate from high school. There may be isolated cases of people enlisting to avoid criminal prosecution but this would be a local deal cut. If the military is aware of the situation they would reject the applicant.

Yes, crimes are committed by soldiers. There are 50,000 soldiers in Japan plus their dependents and contractors. But the total number of crimes are small in perspective.

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
<<Wag. Piss off. This is not a personal attack.>>

:confused:

C'mon. You can say piss off without it being a personal attack...... right? Right? I mean, connrect me if I'm wrong, but I say piss off and mean it in a kind way really...

Rubberbband

Nov 28, 2002
Military members are no different than the civilian population from which they've been recruited. There will always be a few bad apples in any group.

Here's an example of an ignorant racist:

[/quote]

"You're Canadian or you'd be mine." Quote from Tal [/quote]

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Rubberbband
Military members are no different than the civilian population from which they've been recruited. There will always be a few bad apples in any group.

Here's an example of an ignorant racist:
"You're Canadian or you'd be mine." Quote from Tal [/quote][/quote]

Canadians are a race? Damn. I'm sorry. Angst against Canadians isn't wrong, didn't you read about my one experience in Canada? I got robbed. :D Ignorant? Now that is a personal attack if I ever read one..... The mods don't find that crap funny. Read the rules. Hey wait, you're from Canada!!!! Listen I'm not taking any crap from your kind alright. ;) :D :)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: TheShiz
the Japs have a tendency to try and forget parts of their past

just like the rest of the world including the united states.

you will find all the nasty stuff we have done in our history books, see how much coverage pearl harbor gets over there.....

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, then prove me wrong instead of making a personal attack.

Are you 5yrs old and feel the only way to make a point is to insult me?

Wag, you made the contention. It is up to you to prove what you said.

If you can't and you are just insulting the members of the military out of complete and utter ignorance than you should apologize.

More like criminals- not much of a surprise since so many of them are given the option of prison or the military.

You have insulted every member of my family with that statement. What is your justification for that?

On the subject.
IF a US military finds that there is sufficient evidance and there is reason to believe that he would recieve a fair trial than he should be turned over to the Japanese authorities. But only if and when those two conditions are satisfied. We have seen ignorant and baseless prejudice against the military in this thread. I would certainly not trust people like that with the job of judging them.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
I served on Okinawa 30 years ago, and nothing has changed. The Ryukians do not want US military there, it reminds them of the tragedy that world war II brought to the people there. There are elements in there society that would stoop low enough to falsely accuse a soldier if it would get them what they want. I witnessed this kind of crap then, and it repeats every freakin year there. Don't believe everything you read from Okinawan perspective. And don't believe everything you read from armed forces network. This is a political ploy, and that soldier would never get a fair trial there, at least not anything that looks like american justice. Soldiers are set up by locals and bar girls there all the time. Soldiers are warned by there superiors about how to conduct themselves off base. If this young marine got liquored up and did something bad, let the UCMJ take care of it. The day the military capitulates to local pressure is the time for a mass exodus of soldiers from the US military.

In due time, Okinawa will not have US soldiers stationed there, nor will they have US dollars to spend. This is the same game as 30 years ago and will continue until the US decides to leave, and it will be on our (US) terms, not Okinawa's.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Originally posted by: BarneyFife

It seems that a lot of servicemen are total bums.

Really. That's an interesting evaluation. Care to elaborate or should I just go ahead and call you an ignorant c0cksucker right now?

Your ignorance is only surpassed by the asshole that posted right before you.

I am so glad that you and Alistar are both animals who approve of sex slaves.