James Carville's Rx For Democrats

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
This is the man who led Clinton's 1992 War Room. He's the sits on the left side of the table on Crossfire. He's written alot of good books, and his next one due this fall is going to expand on the theme of the following talk he gave:

TOMPAINE.com

Warning to those who lean right: The following thread may cause nausea and vile contempt...

What does the recent episode of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas calling the Capitol police to round up Democratic committee members have in common with the Texas Legislature's redistricting fight, Florida's last presidential election, and Bill Clinton's impeachment?

"They used the power of the federal courts and law enforcement to settle political scores," said Democratic strategist James Carville, speaking of the most "insidious" possibility he sees in the emerging presidential campaign. "They used it in Texas with redistricting. They just used it in D.C. They used it in Florida."

"They will use the court system and federal law enforcement to try to win this election. I went through a $70 million sham investigation. I know what they will do."

Carville's predictions, prescriptions and admonitions for Democrats came in a lunchtime speech at the American Trial Lawyers Association annual convention in San Francisco. Among other things, he listed what the Democrats should and should not do to criticize the war in Iraq, what he felt the big issue in '04 would be, and said how his party and its eventual nominee should campaign if they want to win.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
This is the man who led Clinton's 1992 War Room. He's the sits on the left side of the table on Crossfire. He's written alot of good books, and his next one due this fall is going to expand on the theme of the following talk he gave:

TOMPAINE.com

Warning to those who lean right: The following thread may cause nausea and vile contempt...

What does the recent episode of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas calling the Capitol police to round up Democratic committee members have in common with the Texas Legislature's redistricting fight, Florida's last presidential election, and Bill Clinton's impeachment?

"They used the power of the federal courts and law enforcement to settle political scores," said Democratic strategist James Carville, speaking of the most "insidious" possibility he sees in the emerging presidential campaign. "They used it in Texas with redistricting. They just used it in D.C. They used it in Florida."

"They will use the court system and federal law enforcement to try to win this election. I went through a $70 million sham investigation. I know what they will do."

Carville's predictions, prescriptions and admonitions for Democrats came in a lunchtime speech at the American Trial Lawyers Association annual convention in San Francisco. Among other things, he listed what the Democrats should and should not do to criticize the war in Iraq, what he felt the big issue in '04 would be, and said how his party and its eventual nominee should campaign if they want to win.

Carville, who's politics I hate but whose abilities as a political/campaign strategist I greatly respect, appears to be making the same mistake that the Dems made in '02. If the Dems simply attack their opponents, current policies or current situations without coming up with plans, policies or fixes of their own, they will once again lose the election(s).

JMO.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Deamon plain and simple, he scares little children and republicans.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

TOMPAINE.com

Carville, who's politics I hate but whose abilities as a political/campaign strategist I greatly respect, appears to be making the same mistake that the Dems made in '02. If the Dems simply attack their opponents, current policies or current situations without coming up with plans, policies or fixes of their own, they will once again lose the election(s).

JMO.

I only recently got interested in Politics, and I for one have been disgusted from what I see so far. That's why I never identified with the Republican party. They are too coozy with Corporations, and they are ruthless in using the system to
further their political agenda. The hounding of clinton and the Subsequent impeachment was a perfect example of abuse of the system, everyone knew it was a sham. Lies were made to and discredited but continued to thrive in the minds of people.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Wait till you see politics in real life smily, like an office enviroment..It's brutal..you think people cheat and lie about something insignifgant like online gaming wait till real life and real moneys involved.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
At times Carville makes me cringe, but he does have a certain Hometown charm that makes him a great speaker. I would be curious to know what he recommended.