Jabil Motherboard accepting xp processor

watjac

Aug 2, 2001
I am getting my moms gateway system, its a 1100 select, It came with a 1.1 gig athlon and uses regular sdram. The motherboard is called a jabil motherboard, thats all i've really been able to find out. I was wondering if any one knows if this will accept an xp proccesor or not. I imagine that it won't but didn't figure it would hurt to ask. And if anyone has any tips for setting this mother board up like what bios files are good and the such. any help would be appreciated :D

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001
Go here and input your serial number from the system. That should get you some assistance. You can also "chat" online with a tech about the same info.

watjac

Aug 2, 2001
Yeah i've done that they just say its a jabil motherboard. Thanks for the suggestion though

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001
Then take your serial number and go online with the "Chat" with a tech. It's at the site I posted. The tech person can access the database using that serial number and tell you what your upgrade options are. I've done it before for others both there and on other mfg's sites. It will work if you try it.