I've lost my case-modding virginity!!!

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Yep, she's no longer stock. 2 of the 6 mods I want to do are done. Only one left that won't void my warranty, which is painting it.

1. Stealth my CDRW drive - CHECK (didn't bother removing the face from my drive, just used the foam double-sided tape)
2. Pic a picture for the faceplate - CHECK (what biotch this was...note to self, get a new x-acto before making another)
3. Paint the case
4. Cut out hexagonal grill
5. Enlarge (slightly) all the side vent holes
6. Add top exhaust fan

Fresh from Googlegear......
wOOOOOt?!?!?!?!?!?!

The pic is kind of cheesy. Had I know how much of a BIOTCH it was going to be to cut it out using my old-azz X-Acto, i'd have looked more for a pic. One day, when I'm not bored, I'll prolly change it.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
looks good, but for the love of god please do not "enlarge the holes" or add a "top exhaust fan."

=|

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: theNEOone
looks good, but for the love of god please do not "enlarge the holes" or add a "top exhaust fan."
=|

I doubt i'll ever put an exaust fan on it, but who knows.

As far as the holes, i'm not talking making them THAT much bigger. Just taking a drill bit a size, maybe two bigger to help the airflow.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: codeyf
Originally posted by: theNEOone
=|

I doubt i'll ever put an exaust fan on it, but who knows.

As far as the holes, i'm not talking making them THAT much bigger. Just taking a drill bit a size, maybe two bigger to help the airflow.

well if the holes needed to be any bigger i'm sure shuttle would have designed the case differently. if it works fine the way it is, why mess with it? adding larger holes will not substantially reduce your temperatures.

the reason why i'm disinclined to encourage any further modding is because of the number of holes in the case. remember, drills are inprecise and you will botch up your paint job and end up w/ some lob-sided vent holes.

=|

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: styrafoam
Now go lose the other one :p

rolleye.gif

My wife took care of that several years ago.....and she's about to all over again....

START --> Turn Off Computer --> Shut Down

:D