I've learned a few things about life after playing FC2

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
1. Never go to war with Africans. They are hard to kill and seem to take 9 or 10 more shots than the average American.

2. When your car breaks down (car crash, bullets,roll over's...) , don't bother troubling AAA and remember to pop the hood and tighten the bolt on top of the engine.

3. When you see someone coming after to kill you, then they stop to stare at the fire you just created; please, just shoot him, and save him the embarrassment of him running into the fire.

4. When you're about to be run over by your own friendly trying to get to their target, don't worry and don't take it personel. He knows that you'll just get recarnated into another guy with a different hat a few minutes later.

5. If you ever get shot in real life, be a man! Pretend it was just a bad splinter and just rip the bullet out with your teeth. It will also keep the surrounding crowd very entertained!

6. If you ever catch Malaria, take two Advil and call the human smuggler in the morning. Don't forget, running 20 or so kilometers is highly advised to subdue off any other symptoms. Some experts also state for best results to run in a 100 degree desert or tropical forest.

7. Rival arms dealers like to drive in circles and have no idea were they're going. Be sure to calculate that into your strategy next time you plan to assassinate them. (props to my peeps in Camden, NJ and Harlem NY.)

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
9. When going down a one way road and some hot shot decides to come at you the other way, just get out and blow the damn car up! Odds are he'll think you're in the wrong and chase you for 5 miles.

10. When a pay phone rings for you in the middle of nowhere and you are startled by the creepy strangers voice telling you to kill people; don't worry, it's good ol uncle harry and he just a little crabby from his laryngectomy!

roid450

Sep 4, 2008
that game is BS. i just cant play it for more than 15 minutes. Crysis on the other hand has me coming back over and over and over and over to replay the same level :p now that game was well worth my 30$ i payd :p

i did DL FC2 tho so im not too bummed.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: roid450
that game is BS. i just cant play it for more than 15 minutes. Crysis on the other hand has me coming back over and over and over and over to replay the same level :p now that game was well worth my 30$ i payd :p

:roll:

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006

lol

:disgust:

Edit: High five Vrolok!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

total opposite for me. hated crysis and couldn't stand to play it. i even quit playing it and uninstalled it for a few months before reinstalling it to finish it using cheats (paid $50 for it so i should at least finish it) while FC2 is slowly starting to annoy me, at first i loved playing.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
- Abandoned houses contain briefcases full of diamonds, do not pass these up.
- If you come across a locked door, open it and you'll have a friend for life.
- If you aren't driving a Jeep, you are driving no name rubbish!
- The desert is basically instant death, avoid at all costs.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
11. Poor, homeless, and disease stricken run-a-ways have more drugs than clinics in Africa. Seek treatment at nearest run-down shack.

12. When talking about something really important, make sure you say it really blazzing fast so everybody understands you.

SSChevy2001

Jul 9, 2008
13. If you don't have any pills for Malaria, don't worry about it. While your in a massive gunfight you'll just passout and wakeup in the nearest church.

14. GPS are now diamond trackers. If your lost just get out your trusty map, and look for the signs that change colors.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
Crysis... was a game i never feel interested... never played it at all... dont feel like doing it ever... NOW!!!.. Far Cry 2... .... ... lets say I just blunder and played it... and I have to say it... THIS GAME IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Pelu
Crysis... was a game i never feel interested... never played it at all... dont feel like doing it ever... NOW!!!.. Far Cry 2... .... ... lets say I just blunder and played it... and I have to say it... THIS GAME IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Both suck. Plain and simple. :)

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008

15. (Spoiler?) If you have friends who are mercenaries too, never ever abandon them in a gunfight with local militia, or they will try to shoot you up over a briefcase of diamonds down the line.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There is a ton of crazy bullshit going on in this game. It's as if the developers thought it up on the fly and just ran with it in the hopes it would all come together in the end. They succeeded to a certain extent. It's easy to ignore the stupid stuff in the game when the excellent stuff is more prominent.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
16. If you're hurting in a gunfight, just use a syrette full of magical healing fluid. Good as new.
17. Your enemies will always have rusted, crappy guns. Their arms dealers suck.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Oh boy, i just have to add a few.

18. If you are running out of bullets and are thinking about picking up a weapon, forget it. You are better off throwing your empty clip at the guy.

19. Appearently if you have malaria you can jump into a river, go for a swim, come out of it and walk around all drenched without repercussions.

TBSN

Nov 12, 2006
20. Firefights are dangerous, but don't worry too much because a bullet will never penetrate more than an inch into you. Just pry it out!

21. All militia soldiers carry grenades, but none use them. It must be a rule they have.

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
Originally posted by: TBSN
21. All militia soldiers carry grenades, but none use them. It must be a rule they have.

I was hit by grenades several times, but I think another guy had to suggest he throw it first. :p

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
16. If you're hurting in a gunfight, just use a syrette full of magical healing fluid. Good as new.

sure beats chasing magic mushrooms and firebreathing turtles around.. lol

i like this game. It's not perfect, but its nice getting off of work, winding down, then hopping into the game with all the lights off. It's a ncie world to play in.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante

sure beats chasing magic mushrooms and firebreathing turtles around.. lol

i like this game. It's not perfect, but its nice getting off of work, winding down, then hopping into the game with all the lights off. It's a ncie world to play in.

Amen...and the sound effects, especially most of the guns are excellent. Plus some parts of the world are just so.......pretty.

imported_apocalypse

Aug 27, 2008
22. If you ever lose your car, walk a short distance and a new car/jeep/buggy will be parked along the road unlocked with the keys in the engine.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

23. If you have to go through an enemy checkpoint on the way to a mission don't bother killing everyone or clearing it out if you have to go back through. Because miraculously, the dead will have called for back up (before they died of course) and the same check point will be fully manned no matter how recently (or not) you just went through it.

AntisociaL

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2001
24. Dash mounted GPS is a requirement on all vehicles.
25. Apparently gossip about a mission you accepted or abandoned travels to your buddies within seconds.
26. People in Africa like to leave plates of tortillas out.