I've got around $430 that I got as present, and need to spend on something decent that'll serve as a memory......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Prodigy^
I should have looked at your profile before suggesting a gun -- but fine guns are items whose value, sentimental and otherwise, lasts for a lifetime. Sorry it isn't a possiblity for you. Most things, even if they are very nice at the time you get them, don't have long term survival value, and I understand from your post that you want something that will last and remind you of this time in your life. If you are a craftsman, fine tools also last for a lifetime. I have several that are over fifty years old (that's how long I have owned them) and since I use them all the time, they are cherished "friends". Tools, like guns, are both utilitarian and can be works of art as well. Centuries have gone into the refinement of their function, and craftsmen have lavished their best on some of them.

I will pass through Copenhagen in September on my way to Lund and Linkoping. One of my close friends and colleagues lives at Lingby -- which I may have misspelled.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
hehe that'd be Lyngby :) I'm going to the Technical University of Denmark after the summer, which is in Lyngby - it's one of the 10 best in the world in its field, I remember hearing :)

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Items to buy;

Good camera
Film
Photo album

These items will enable you to keep the memories you make for yourself for a very long time. The rest of the money, put it awy for something else, like a wedding, college graduation, etc. The best memories are yet to come, that is why I suggested a camera.

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Prodigy^
It is Lyngby -- I suspected that I was spelling it the way it sounded and not correctly. My friend teaches at the Technical University: Professor Carsten Thommasen. He is a very good mathematician, and a good lecturer. You should make a point of meeting him when you get to the university.