Ive got a problem with SETI, perhaps there is no solution

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I want to transfer my units over to TA. I have about 2500 units on another team. The problem is that I can not access that old email anymore, and I do not know the password. Is there anything I can do? I dont know how to get my old seti password on my old email. Any help?

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Without your Seti Password, you cannot do much to rescue that account.

The S@H Admins are really busy right now trying to get BOINC fired up and you may not get much help but I'll send you a PM with the email address of someone to write about this.

Include all of the information you can to help them find the account.

:)

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
There is nothing in the registry or something like that? Maybe that is a no-no to talk about here, but maybe someone can send me an email if such a thing is possible? It has been a long time, so I dont remember if you had to give the seti client a password. Anyways, just a thought.

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
To change your Seti Email Address and/or switch teams, you must have that Seti Password. It is not located in any of the Seti WUs.

You can, of course, open a new account and start production. You then could include the "new" account in your email to S@H and request that the accounts be merged.

Did you get my PM?

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Are you sxxxxing me? You got action that fast? Wow!

I have some good connections, don't I? lol ;)

:D :D :D

And thank you for the 2,562 WUs! :)

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
Thanks Illusion and thanks Greg for helping him out!!
That's what I call team work :D:beer: