I've finally found the pefect (IMO) combination of metal, orchestral, and choir music.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Betterer

Nightwish is great too, but it remains to be seen what it's going to sound like with the new singer. The news on the front page of their site is kinda funny-

26.09.2006 - False news in the media (again)
There have been false news again about a new Nightwish -vocalist in the Finnish media. No decisions have been made regarding the vocalist and there will not be any before the year 2007. When the band chooses the vocalist they will inform the media of it. Once again: Do not trust any news if it's not written on www.nightwish.com!

14.09.2006 - Nightwish starts recording the new album
Today, Nightwish enters the studio to begin recording the new album. Jukka starts the process by recording the drum parts in the next 5-6 days. Then guitars, bass and demo keyboards, followed by orchestral/choir recordings. After those, the final synths and vocals will be recorded. The whole process will last six months minimum, so we should have the final master copy in our hands sometime during the spring.

So they are just going to go ahead and do the next album without a singer and add the vocals at the end.

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Sonata Arctica takes the cake for me. They are one of the most talented bands I've ever encountered.
Their blend of metal w/ the keyboards, symphony, etc. w/ amazing vocals keep me listening for a long time.
I've had a mix from their albums Silence, Winterheart's Guild, and Reckoning Night in my cd player for months now.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: SWScorch
Therion is sweet. To Mega Therion is a sick song.

Yeah it is, though listening to the crap quality versions of it on youtube I wasn't the biggest fan of it. After hearing the live version on my car stereo off of crowning of atlantis I realize just how awesome it is :) tmt