I've been eating a pint of ice cream a day.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I can't imagine walking that much in a day. The blisters omg. Was in the mood for a long walk once and must have done a good 11km or so. Walked a nature trail, then a part of the highway to get to one of the nearby lakes walked around it like 3-4 times, then rewalked the nature trail back. I thought I had a rock in my shoe so kept trying to get it out but when I got home I realized I had a blister the size of a toonie. a bit too much walking in one shot I think. Physically I could have kept going I think, but my feet, not so much.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I can't imagine walking that much in a day. The blisters omg. Was in the mood for a long walk once and must have done a good 11km or so. Walked a nature trail, then a part of the highway to get to one of the nearby lakes walked around it like 3-4 times, then rewalked the nature trail back. I thought I had a rock in my shoe so kept trying to get it out but when I got home I realized I had a blister the size of a toonie. a bit too much walking in one shot I think. Physically I could have kept going I think, but my feet, not so much.

Wearing 2 pairs of socks can help prevent blisters while hiking.

Side note, this thread is fascinating.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I've been walking around 8 miles/week just playing a couple rounds of golf... on rather hilly golf course, pushing my clubs on a 4 wheeled cart. My feet are doing fine, did have plantar faciitis issue on right foot, but stretching seems to have alleviated that. I think I could handle some hiking at this point. But a pint of ice cream a day would put me on the road to hell, I'm sure.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
How do you eat 16oz ice cream daily and not gain weight? If I did that I'd gain 30 lb. within 4 months, pretty sure.

A regular Ben & Jerry's pint can top 1,000 calories. So, adding that to your diet would have you gaining 2lb/week. 8lb/month. 24lb/3 months.

It's just macros. Anthony did a bunch of experiments & posted them on Youtube - 30 days of ice cream, 100 days of ice cream, 30 days of fast-food, etc.

friedburrito

Aug 3, 2019
How do you eat 16oz ice cream daily and not gain weight? If I did that I'd gain 30 lb. within 4 months, pretty sure.

A regular Ben & Jerry's pint can top 1,000 calories. So, adding that to your diet would have you gaining 2lb/week. 8lb/month. 24lb/3 months.

this.

Feb 25, 2011

That's assuming he's not cutting calories in other areas. Replacing a 6-pack-a-day booze habit with a pint of ice cream is a wash, calorie-wise.

It's probably worse for you nutritionally, but that can be addressed as well.

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
It's just macros. Anthony did a bunch of experiments & posted them on Youtube - 30 days of ice cream, 100 days of ice cream, 30 days of fast-food, etc.

Just macros alright, a whole pint of hageen dazs mint chocholate chip has 72 grams of fat over 100% DV which of that 44 grams is saturated fat. Then 88 grams of sugar which isn't isn't good for you all at once. Plus it has hardly any nutritional value aside from empty calories. Sure you can live on just ice cream for awhile but doesn't mean its good for you. Look at mayne he lives on beer and potato chips but all he does is complain about his health.